Invalid Exit camera focuses on wrong signpost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

I have a signpost at (18688, -15744), angle 105. When I touch the exit sector, the camera goes way out of bounds before panning to the correct position. (If noclip is off, it gets stuck resetting itself.)

Tried using devmode to scrape some more info but there appears to be no camera info in any of the pages.

EDIT: on second thought where the hell did sonic go
EDIT: on third thought the camera is panning all the way over to a different exit sector, to be continued

Okay I figured it out. It turns out the same exit sector was split into two different locations on the map, and the camera was always picking the same signpost to focus on, regardless of where you actually were in the level.

Fixed it by duplicating the exit sector and keeping only one signpost in each. This report is probably invalid I guess.

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I implemented the signpost camera changes. I'm posting this information here in case anyone else encountering this issue stumbles upon this thread while searching for solutions!

When in an exit sector, the game will attempt to spin any signs within that sector. The first sign it finds is the one the player's camera will target. If it doesn't find one, it will then search for signs across the whole level, and again target the first one it finds. Long story short, if you have a level with multiple end signs, make sure they're in separate exit sectors, and also make sure they're actually inside said sectors! Also ensure that the camera is able to pan over to the sign from the player's position without hitting a wall, lest it get stuck there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back