Help: Turret Bullet Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to me that in 1.09, the turret bullet speed was increased. This becomes apparent when you load up SASRB2; even on the easiest setting, Chaingun Eggman becomes nearly impossible to fight - you have to REALLY keep your distance, and there's just not a whole lot of room in the boss arena to do this.

One solution would be to increase the size of the boss arenas Chaingun Eggman is in, but what I want to do is re-slow the turret bullet speed back down to a more managable level. Problem is, setting the Thing's speed doesn't seem to change anything; I can lower it's speed down to 0 and it's still just as fast as it always was.

So, is it possible to change turret bullet speed? How?

Thing 197
MAPTHINGNUM = -1
SPAWNSTATE = 1174
SPAWNHEALTH = 1000
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 124
REACTIONTIME = 8
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 0
PAINCHANCE = 0
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 1175
DEATHSOUND = 116
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 655350
RADIUS = 786432
HEIGHT = 1572864
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 1
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 66064

That's what I have for the Turret, I believe. I was told the speed wasn't a real number and instead was "speed x 655350".

Well, it looks to me like MT_TURRETLASER is Thing 194, not 197, according to the SOC Editor...

Ehm... 65535 or 65536? 65536 is the normal value, actually, the real power of 2... 65535 is normally used as limits...

SSNTails said:
Well, it looks to me like MT_TURRETLASER is Thing 194, not 197, according to the SOC Editor...

Did you update the soc editor recently or something? Mine says 197. 194 is the Easter Egg...

*coughs*WEll...i never noticed the turret increase, they're still easy for me.to dodge really...
(once you've played eggmanway4 with thousands of eggmen with turret flamethrowers of hugeness @_@ pain and hurt)

In 1.09 it is nearly impossible to get hits on him. As in, I'd think Ultimate mode to be impossible to beat. I had the same problem with my pop-up turret boss in Lightbulb Factory, those of you who played it. :roll: Works good for turrets. Bad for bosses.

BlazeHedgehog said:
Did you update the soc editor recently or something? Mine says 197. 194 is the Easter Egg...

Don't think so... since the editor gets all that info from the source code. I did do a small update to the SOC Editor shortly after 1.09 came out, though... not sure what I did, but it was a minor change that shouldn't have any effect on that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back