A Big Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides which, this and other AFD jokes have been combined efforts by the development team, not just Mystic on his own. After all, it was MotorRoach who made the sprites for the two sprites of Big featured in the screenshots.

As far as our history of AFD jokes go, I thought this was a pretty good one too.

But will it be another April Fools joke. But only it's not April.
tenor.gif

What do you mean?

It's probably sarcasm, as you can very easily mod in a new character.

The hard part (of course) is actually making all the sprites needed for such a character beforehand.

EDIT: Also, GamerLuna2020, D00D64 is not an SRB2 developer, so he can't possibly know what is planned for 2.2.7 anyway.

It's probably sarcasm, as you can very easily mod in a new character.

The hard part (of course) is actually making all the sprites needed for such a character beforehand.

EDIT: Also, GamerLuna2020, D00D64 is not an SRB2 developer, so he can't possibly know what is planned for 2.2.7 anyway.

It's pretty hard for spriters, but easy for me. You know why? I GOT NO BODY!

P.S: It's a shock for me that D00D64 isn't a dev. Aw well, might as well wait until 2.2.7's trailer comes out.

Honestly I think that there are enough characters in vanilla SRB2, I won't get mad if
no new character are introduced in the 2.3

Honestly I think that there are enough characters in vanilla SRB2, I won't get mad if
no new character are introduced in the 2.3

yeah, the devs and spriters really outdid themselves with not only three, but six characters bundled in with the game. it'd be a shame if it ended there but it wouldn't be a disappointment, in fact what we have now is a great and well crafted character roster that doesn't need expansion upon.

yeah, the devs and spriters really outdid themselves with not only three, but six characters bundled in with the game. it'd be a shame if it ended there but it wouldn't be a disappointment, in fact what we have now is a great and well crafted character roster that doesn't need expansion upon.

I think the next (big) update will get a Fang sprite update, for the walking shoot animation and all that.
P.S - I'm not sure where I read about that, but I think it was 5 months ago in a debate about Character's abilities.

5-6 characters are enough in any Sonic games, I could even say that SRB2 nailed the multiple playable characters better than sega has done since SA1 (because Big and the Treasure Hunting in SA2 weren't a good choice, ditto for Heroes forcing to do the game 4 times and the Night Stages in Unleashed)

I really don't understand this whole thing of responding to old announcement threads and starting discussions on them, especially as old as 2017. Can't these old threads just be left alone?

I happen to be in the minority that thinks Big was a worthwhile addition to the SA1 cast. His gameplay is much slower, but I found that to be a refreshing change of pace, occasionally stopping in the middle of other character stories to just sit down and think about the story so far and how the character stories overlap while reeling in some fish.

As far as SRB2 is concerned though, there's not really a way to make this sort of thing work. Big could make for a funny cameo SA2 style, but that's about it. If he was to be implemented as a proper character, he would need significant overhauls compared to SA1, and a complete departure from the fishing gameplay. What makes this not worth doing is that he's such a physically large character, he would need unique pathways off the main path from time to time due to his physical inability to get under tight spaces or through narrow enough hallways/doors. Keeping him as at best a cameo if including him at all is probably the better option.

If they were to ever implement a 7th character, they should serve one or both of the following purposes:

1. Acting as a character to put Sonic's thok onto so that Sonic can be given his new ability. Preferably, this character should also have other things making them unique, other than just being "Old Sonic but with a skin".

2. Having an interesting new mobility option that allows them to traverse through the existing stages in a way that's different from the other characters, but still fun and balanced.

I'm sorry Time Gear but I'll simply say that (hot?) take: there are too many characters in the Sonic series.

Sonic games should only be about Sonic most importantly (while Tails, Knuckles and Amy could be nice side characters), Metal Sonic is a good enough rival to need another one.

big the cat should only be a comic relief and easter egg, nothing more.

I'm sorry Time Gear but I'll simply say that (hot?) take: there are too many characters in the Sonic series.
What are you even talking about? I never mentioned anything about how many characters there are in the franchise, or adding any new ones.

Sonic games should only be about Sonic most importantly (while Tails, Knuckles and Amy could be nice side characters), Metal Sonic is a good enough rival to need another one.
I never said anything about shifting focus from Sonic or anything about rivalries either.

big the cat should only be a comic relief and easter egg, nothing more.
That's what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back