Blue Mountain, Boss & Dark City (SC_CM_BlueMountainZone.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicmunk

Wew!πŸŠπ“•πˆπ“π““ 𝐓𝓗𝐄 π“’π“žπ“œπ“Ÿπ“€π“π„π“‘ π“‘π“žπ“žπ“œ!😜
This is a remake of Blue Mountain Zone from Version 2.0 with a BRAK boss map that uses the Dark City Zone textures and Dark City itself.

VISIBILITY UPDATE

Bug Fixes:
MAP 16 now exits to MAP 17
MAP 17:
It's snowing!
Less Red Buzzes
More Rings that now Float
Fixed an OpenGL wall glitch
Floating Jaws, Pointy and Unidus enemies
The Hidden palace textures are now the Rocky Caverns textures
With some hard to get 1UPs
Thok Barrier fixes
MAP 18:
Exits to DCZ now
Floating Rings
Fixed an Fsonic spin jump exploit
Made the arrows fade into the ground more
It's raining ...rain! HALALOOYA!
Boss is now Metal Sonic to prevent the hassle of fighting BRAK two times in a row
Metal Sonic now acts differently thanks to Duon giving me Lat's Metal Sonic ^_^
Dark City Zone is now added
DCZ exits to ERZ1 now
Visibility update for the turrets and the tower

Special thanks to Hedgefox for the map titles before I knew how to open MAINCFG's in SLADE. Thank you.

CkXoK-RWEAY-YKx.jpg

CkXoK9IXEAAfYiu.jpg

CkXoK1JWUAAVBcz.jpg

CkXoK5RWkAAT_CC.jpg

Attachments

• SC_CM_BlueMountainZoneV1.7.zip
    145.4 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
SRB2 2.2 Update

I'm updating BMZ for 2.2 by adding slopes and more.

Should I re-submit it or update the file here?

[May add Dark City to the level pack]

Just update this file instead of re-submitting it. You would only need to re-submit it if your update changes the core elements of the wad. For example, replacing the levels entirely instead of updating them.

So yes, just update the file.

Decided to play this again since it was updated... and I'm still rather weirded out by how the ice texture isn't actually slippery, and it's just now occuring to me that I never mentioned that before. Whoops.

Another thing I never brought up is that the tails/knux route would actually be completable by Sonic if there was a way to get up through its exit - you can get all the way to the end, and it's pretty fun to do, if difficult.

Not much to say about the new metal sonic boss - he doesn't seem to do a whole lot. That you decided to change him at all is kinda neat, though. Sad to see brak leave that arena though, trying to stay on that crampt ledge the whole fight was challenging, even if it was rather blunted by the ability to just run back to the start and get more rings.

Dark city meanwhile I skipped the majority of just by waterskipping... which doesn't seem like it should have worked due to the elevated ledge at the end, but then it turned out there was a monitor underneath me so I just bounced on to the shore after hitting the wall anyways, lol. I didn't see the turrets until I was already inside the building, so you may want to make them more visible somehow.

Hearing Brak Eggman while around the tower was actually pretty cool and foreboding, particularly during the ascent... though I'll point out that it was hard to see where to land after each red spring, and that tails/knux might have trouble getting from the first vertical spring to the second due to their lower aerial speed caps. I never fell off during the fight with Brak up there, but I can't imagine it's very fun for it to happen, since it takes a while to get back up.

I said it during judging, and I'll say it again now: these are short, basic maps that none-the-less actually do make a go of doing the stuff we expect from a good level, such as hidden and not-so-hidden secrets, multiple paths, varied hazards, and keeping a cohesive theme. In more ways than one this is something that wouldn't have been out of place at all on the MB during version 1.09.4, and it makes me a bit nostalgic. Whatever else I might say about this, I had fun.

BMZ Boss change reason

Unfortunately, I decided to change the BMZ Boss to Duon's Metal Sonic because you fought Brak there and then you'd have to fight him again straight after in DCZ which I thought was repetitive.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

If you liked Brak in map 18 that much, I don't know if it would work or not but what if that boss map was Metal AND Brak??

That Metal Sonic is Lat''''''''''s. That edit is just for fun minus fixing the battlefield a little. (Also it can't be used anyways)

Last edited:
I found this when trying to see if anyone else had also made a Dark City. Seems I was beaten.

When playing BMZ and DCZ, I had a fun time. The use of slopes was really interesting and the enemy choice was great. However, it felt as BMZ3, DCZ and the start of BMZ2 was REALLY bland and simple. All the levels were short. If there were more to go through it would've been very good.

So uh... I only played this today and, uh, may I ask why my old Metal Sonic script is in there? I wasn't even told by anyone. I'm not crying for being credited or whatever, but still; you could've told me or something. :T

As for the pack itself, I find it quite linear and full of pointlessly huge empty linear rooms.
You should make them smaller, and focus more on giving them challenges and stuff to do in them, right now the only challenge is strafing to avoid enemies.

Metal Sonic

So I wanna clear everything up in this single Reply about Metal Sonic:

To Lat: Sorry for not telling you sooner I asked Doun if we should but he didn't reply. Are you ok with me using your Metal Sonic?

To Doun: concerning that update you sent me, I would rather use Lat's Metal Sonic so it's not that same as ERZ3's Metal Sonic but he needs to answer the question above in bold to confirm he doesn't mind me using it first.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Also Prime 2.0 mentioned before the first version was released:
This gives me 1.09 Nostalgia.

Just to confirm my level design skill level :/

Well I guess that's fine. Although an arena that big doesn't work with this Metal Sonic, it's technically an EggMobile ripoff, so it dashes away quite often and it becomes quickly really boring to play against.

Should I attempt to put Brak and Metal in map 18?

Just so you know, if Blue Mountain Zone isn't in 2.2 I'm probably going to be remaking this.

It has been confirmed that BMZ has been scrapped, and thus we are having RVZ2. You can remake this if you want though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back