Sonic 4: Episode 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
Of course, the inevitable topic.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/12/sonic-4-episode-2-teaser-trailer-unveiled-at-gamespot/

The new trailer, with the obviously already known new playable character. And this time, with (probably) no uncurling!

Oh, and be warned: The video contains a rather horrifying facial hair disaster.

Discuss.

NOTE: Since it will soon follow, it should be re-noted that TSSZ is not a news source.
Don't trust any rumors there unless confirmed elsewhere (Sonic Stadium, Sonic Wrecks, etc).

Last edited:
I'm not surprised Nintendo isn't getting this, Doesn't Nintendo have some crap excuse for keeping the restriction to 40MB?

Either way, Nintendo not getting this might be for the best.

If memory serves, they raised or removed the cap months ago. Not entirely sure.

Considering the Wii version sold MORE, I'm sure something will be worked out.

Even then, I hope they'll do a box release once all the episodes are done, because I can't for the life of me connect to the WiFi.

New physics engine?! New graphics engine?! If what they say is true then maybe it might be worth getting the game. If not well, then I'll demand a refund.

New physics engine?! New graphics engine?! If what they say is true then maybe it might be worth getting the game. If not well, then I'll demand a refund.

I agree completely, I never even bothered to buy the first episode because I played the demo and I thought it was boring and just not fun. But if you ask me they should try to do Sonic 4 the way Sonic 2 HD is being done. 2D in 1080p with splitscreen racing netplay instead of the sidescrolling 3D crap. That game would totally deserve the title of "The sequel fans have been waiting xx years for".

If memory serves, they raised or removed the cap months ago. Not entirely sure.
If this was true, then why did they hold back a Sonic CD release? How about Super Meat Boy?

Kind of funny since Sonic CD came to all those same announced platforms, and that one platform (Wii) was ALSO missed. I'm wondering why it isn't coming to Wii? If it is truly space issues, then why not the 3DS? It can't be about "HD" graphics because it is also coming to the Iphone/Windows Phone/etc.

I guess this confirms no lock on. I doubt it'll be possible with a new graphics/physics engine and new framework.

I really do hope people don't start complaining about zone themes, as a lot of them have gotten exhausted by some of the earlier games with the remaining being probably quite awkward for Sonic gameplay.

Also, took a while to realise what Ken was doing with the facial hair. Clever.

No more uncurling? No more Spiderman the the hedgehog? Tails and Metal Sonic?(granted, the last one was blatently obvious)

Welp, I'm interested. Only thing that still worries me is if the music is going to be any better or not, not to mention more original level themes(though the "with all new suprises" part is a good sign).

I'm also hoping we get to see our favorite lego-shoed trolling echidna instead of having to wait for episode 3...

Also, ken's beard is possibly the most horrifying thing I have seen in my entire life.

When that guy laughed at the beggining of the interview, he knows it's gonna be bad

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

No Wii version?
Probably by the time Sonic 4 Episode 2 releases, the Wii will be obsolete and Sonic 4 Ep 2 might come out to the Wii U.

If this was true, then why did they hold back a Sonic CD release? How about Super Meat Boy?

I don't know about CD, but Team Meat tends to hold grudges over these things. I doubt they would release Super Meat Boy on the Wii regardless.

I don't know about CD, but Team Meat tends to hold grudges over these things. I doubt they would release Super Meat Boy on the Wii regardless.

Team Meat didn't release SMB on the Wii due to lack of people who wanted to publish for it IIRC

Whoa, new physics and graphics engines? No uncurling? ...I'm honestly interested. Not sure if I liked what Ken was doing with the whole facial hair thing though. That thing just looked creepy.

Team Meat didn't release SMB on the Wii due to lack of people who wanted to publish for it IIRC

They wouldn't have needed to look for someone to publish it if they could have gotten the game onto WiiWare... which they couldn't due to size restrictions I believe.

In the interview he didn't mention wiiware, but I don't think that means that the wii will be abandoned. After all, he didn't say that it wasn't going to be on the wii. Unless I am missing some other source that says otherwise.

Last edited:
Well, if you ask me, I think the fact that Super Meat Boy got a freaking Linux version before landing on Wii kind of says something about whether or not it will actually see a Wii release.

(In other words I kinda doubt it'll come out on the Wii.)

I'm actually expecting this to be kinda okay if they're right about listening to the fans. I never played/wanted to play the first one, but I might get this- oh wait it's not on any platforms I have aaaah.

I guess that's even more incentive to get a phone that isn't a bajillion years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back