[Open Assets] RayMania.lua: Remember Ray? He's back! In WAD* form!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Emong

*sort of

RayMania.lua is a script that contains an adaptation of Ray's ability from Sonic Mania Plus, the Air Glide.

Hold down the jump button in the air to start the glide, and use forward and back to angle Ray up and down. Dive to lose height and gain speed, climb to gain height and lose speed. You're vulnerable to enemies during the glide, and will drop into a ball if you hit a wall.

This is, without a doubt, a powerful ability! Ray can get himself all kinds of places and skip big chunks of levels if you do it right, but that's all part of the fun.

Included is a character wad of "Ray", which uses a mashup of Tails and Knuckles sprites since there aren't any Ray sprites for SRB2 that I'm aware of.

Special thanks to the people in Discord that helped test and give suggestions.

Attachments

• Air Glide.gif
    Air Glide.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 2,593
  • RayEMG.zip
    295.5 KB · Views: 691
  • RayMania.lua
    12.4 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:
Free ability, looking for a good home. :p

I was torn between putting this in characters or misc, but the Mighty ability went in lua and this is a similar thing, so I ultimately decided it would be best here. This is by no means a finished character, and the provided wad should be considered more a demonstration than anything.

Welcome to Releases!

Finally got around to uploading a new version of this.

The new version contains all the features and bugfixes that went into getting SegaSonic Ray out the door, plus:

1. Updated wall collision code. Not perfect, but much faster and shouldn't crap out at high speeds
  2. Actual not-broken 2D level support

Can you make a little update with proper DirectionChar support? the DirectionChar backport script straight up... breaks the Ray script.

As you can see, the character's body turns around for no reason with DirectionChar added before it (the exact way).
GlisteningChubbyAurochs.webp

It's even MORE broken with DirectionChar added right after this script.
OptimisticSoupyKinkajou.webp

Last edited:
Okay, but only because I'm nice. (specifically this adds support for Lach's directionchar backport by disabling it during glides.)

The new version also disables Super Ray's multi-glide in the Match and Team Match gametypes since it gets a little silly there.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back