Suggestions

Not if the server soft-locks because of some...strange reason. You can't do anything, then, besides restart the server (which more likely than not will crash srb2 because of "Tried to transmit to another node!")

If you're still able to enter commands, you can already do this. Open the console and type "nodes", identify the number for the player lagging you out, and type "ban n", where n is the number of the node of that lagging player. In some situations this won't work, since you need the console still working, but for a lot of soft freezes this can fix it.

This probably was suggested before but...
Using an account to play online, it just makes more sense.
Because some people always act like they are ssntails and stuff
I remember when I was younger and this troll actually worked, i think that using a username and password would work better, because then we would know if Moonsae is actually really Moonsae. Maybe use the forum account to do so?
This might be hard to do for a fan game but that's just my suggestion...

SRB2_Tails_Art.png

Another suggestion of mine would be to change tails's running animations so his, er, tails have the same appearance as they do in the art design above, that way it does not look rather weird. The animation DOES look good at first, but eventually it just winds up looking rather odd without adding white fur where there's none visible and just removing that circle outline thing.
[SIZE="-1000"]Oh, and since knuckles had a redesign it seems fair that after a long time like this sonic and tails have their designs improved. Tails could even look like he does in the picture above, if you felt such a thing is necessary.[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Could there be a way to make client-side changes to SRB2 without other people being affected by it? Music wads act as such and I was wondering if there's another way for other things to only affect the user only. This mainly portrays to stuff such as HUD changes (because honestly I'm a big HUD nerd) and anything that would be more or less a cosmetic change to the game rather than overhauling it and forcing other people to download the wad if you decided to host using it.

Or better yet, do it the same way as it is done in Terminal. Getting rid of admin and implementing 4 groups of permissions. And if not then at least (I'll put it huge and bold here because I'm suggesting it for 3 goddamn pages already):

Bring back admin ban!

Or better yet, do it the same way as it is done in Terminal.
Yeah, you see the reason none of the Terminal features have been hardcoded is because we intend for the mod itself to be modified to suit the needs of specific servers. Hardcoding them into the game would simply not allow for that at all. There have been some changes to things in 2.1.9 that Terminal does take advantage of, but it isn't enough to replace it as a whole.

Linedef type 409, Change Tagged Sector's Tag, really needs to be work on the X front texture offset, rather than length of linedef. It's impossible to access the reserved tags because of that. (Unsurprisingly, 65k fractunit long sectors cause overflow errors)

rename the linefef actions Linedef type 317: Unlockable Trigger - Continuous Linedef type 318: Unlockable Trigger - Once, to Linedef type 317: Global Trigger - Continuous Linedef type 318: Global Trigger - Once

and maybe introduce a way to turn off the trigger without having to exit the current game.

• A getskynum command for retrieving sky numbers without mucking around in a lump editor or the wiki.
  • A setting for changing the speed of music when the player has Super Sneakers in a level that has SpeedMusic enabled.
  • Alternatively, just change the speed to 1.25, which is closer to the speed of Genesis Sonic games.
  • A VGM volume setting.

What should be implemented for that SkyNum purpose, is if you enter SkyNum in console without a variable, it should say what the default number for the map is.

Why were you thinking about 2.2.0?

I got an idea for Sonic Robo Blast 2 2.1.9 or 2.2.0. I think you should make it where there can be more than one admin on a server.

Now wait a minute, why did you just mentioned about 2.2, that won't be out for a while. If we ever got a patch that comes after 2.1.9, it's probably going be 2.1.10. I don't know what it might be. But, 2.2 won't come out for a while. Hopefully, 2.2 will be in progress as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Why not change "Showmap" so that when you type it in, it displays the map's level header as one would write it in a lump editor?

The skin color teal only has 5 colors ranging in it. This makes sprites with really small amounts of shading look terrible when using it. Changing up the colors used/adding more colors to that skin color would make it look tons better.

arnvEo0.png

For instance, this star actually uses four different shades to change color with.

ropfWwQ.png

However, since teal has such a limited range of colors, it can only manage to get TWO of these shades. So now Jasper shoots crayon stars!

It was Cyan that was broken in 2.0, but was fixed for 2.1.

...now for Teal, it isn't really "broken" more than just lacking in shades. This is not really an easy thing to fix as I have already discussed in 'fun.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back