2.2 Preview - With Slopes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
35fps is pretty solid but i think people would rather higher fps-es

120fps is too much. I hope 60fps isnt that much of a change to 35fps

I'm not completely sure whether my informations are 100% accurate or not but this is what I've got and think from reading about this:

It's easier to work with 35 FPS since each second has 35 tics so one tic per frame. I could imagine a 70 FPS build which would work fine on my 75Hz monitor (2 frames 1 tic) but I don't think everyone has a 75Hz or better monitor (most monitors are only on 60Hz). If you'd try to do a 60 FPS build you'd need to do one tic each 1,71 frames (and thats also a rounded number) which I imagine to be tricky to be done properly.

Someone does like the idea to bring to 2.2 Doom Ship Zone?

I working on it...
srb20032.png

What would benefit from having SRB2 run at 120fps? It would be a waste of resource, even more if your montior is locked at 60hz.

[cool looking pic]
I gotta say, that looks rather stunning.

Assuming that's DZ/GEZ, is there any chance of seeing a little teaser of the zone in 2.2 like it happened with Blue Mountain in 2.0? (since I guess there's no way it'll be finished for quite a while, what with the slope retrofitting, the DSZ and CEZ1 remaking, ACZ, RVZ and STZ hogging all the attention)

I still love some of the newer pictures of that stage, and I definitely can't wait for a completed GEZ.

I think you should keep the background tilted like that since i think it oddly suits it

SRB2 devs are very good at committing to the long game.

The above sentence can be read in a myriad of ways, all of which are correct.

I think you should keep the background tilted like that since i think it oddly suits it

I'm gonna avoid explicitly giving anything away, but the tilted background has to do with the level's main gimmick.

Last edited:
I'm gonna avoid explicitly giving anything away, but the tilted background has to do with the level's main gimmick.

It's going to be a "gravity" (wind) effect that moves the player around depending on how the skybox is tilted, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back