Zelda: Skyward Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahem. ANYWAYS...

I already got the game, thanks to torrents. I don't have the sword yet, so I'm patiently waiting until I get to the training area and actually use my MotionPlus peripheral.

Small spoiler: If you fall out of the islands, knights come to rescue you with their birds. The men's knight uniform is Link's green tunic. The women's is red. And inside a building, I saw a guy wearing a yellow one.

They are doing commercials on this game even in this republic. Looks pretty decent, I would really like to have it.

Ancient Cistern completed! I wasn't really fan of Zelda games but this one is awesome. I still can't decide if I like it more than SMG2.

Last edited:
I got the game. Took me a while to get the Skyward sword. (I think that is the name of the sword.) Can't wait to finally start the action!

If you fall out of the islands, knights come to rescue you with their birds. The men's knight uniform is Link's green tunic. The women's is red. And inside a building, I saw a guy wearing a yellow one.

Don't forget the blue one that catches you if you fall off at night.

Yoshi said:
Ancient Cistern completed! I wasn't really fan of Zelda games but this one is awesome. I still can't decide if I like it more than SMG2.

Just stay tuned. It gets much better after you get the Clawshots.

Anywho, I must say I do quite like this game and how it explains how the Master Sword came to be what it is. I thought it was kind of interesting how when you originally pull out the Goddess Sword, Fi (a.k.a. your not-so-trusty assistant) recognizes Link as "Master". This got me thinking: could this be why whenever the Master Sword is needed, it can only be picked up by Link, because it recognizes Link as its master? Another good point is this (Don't look if you don't want major spoilage)

I don't quite understand how the timeline works here. Since the old lady in the Sacred Grounds is Impa as an old lady, could it be that due to this story line, the Master Sword came into being because it was pulled out in the future as the Goddess Sword, turned into the Master Sword, then left back in the past so that all the other Links until him would be able to use it? It could explain how older Impa disappeared in the end, because at that point she would be the sage of shadow. I should probably kill Demise again to see if this could be true.

Game completed!! It's Hero mode time. I think SS is equally great as SMG 2. But still I think many things could be done much better (dont get me wrong, game is epic)

Has anyone here heard about the major "game-breaking bug" that plagues this game?
http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/Bugs_and_Glitches
The quest to find the Song of The Hero, you can go to Lanayru Gorge first, before Flooded Faron Woods, which is technically an incorrect order of events. Here you must revive the Thunder Dragon. After you revive the Thunder Dragon and recieve his portion of the song, if you talk to the Goron named Golo in Lanayru Caves before going to Eldin Volcano or Faron Woods you will prevent the Song of the Hero-related events in Eldin Volcano and Faron Woods from occuring. There is no known solution to this error.
Just don't start with Thunder Dragon portion of the quest and you'll never accidentally step into this glitch.

Really? I went to the thunder dragon first, and I never got that issue. Then again, I went right to Eldin after I finished Lanayru. Well, at least now I know for future.

I did all if this glitch and nothing happened.. I know I went to that place fist and I talked to the goron every time I passed him.... Could it be because I did the boss battles before proceeding to the forest?

(@ Hunter_Orion & Jeck) I believe the glitch is only activated when you do all of thuse things in a specific order and at a specific point in the game so if the glitch hasn't taken effect it's probably because one little thing that triggers the glitch wasn't done. If I were you I'd be thankful for that.

Just finished the game. I'm really impressed. Only improvement I'd like to see is a Majora's Mask-esque extension of the game that reintroduces day/night. Since I'm lazy I'll just copy/paste my FB review of the game.

And that brings Skyward Sword to a close. Top tier Zelda, epic orchestrated soundtrack, a story with both heart and grandeur, gameplay that's dynamic the whole way through and not just when you reach the dungeons, characters that are complex and can surprise you, and to top it all off it has a beautiful art style. It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Now, life goes back to normal.

And story-sensitive comments.

The game really has me thinking of ways to piece this together with TP and OoT's mythos. I liked how close you and Zelda were this time, she was the Saria, the Illia, and the Midna this time around. Groose went from being cliched early on to being a character I not only liked but wanted to see again by the end of the game. Likewise, many of the side characters in skyloft have much more depth than I'm used to for this kind of game. And after it all the ending was truly beautiful, want to say that I saw Impa coming.

Gameplay-sensitive:

I loved the Layanru Mining Facility, and the Ancient Cistern. The pirate ship was kinda cool too. The bug was definitely my favorite tool. I liked that most of the items were fairly useful. Whip and upgraded mogma mitts saw a little less use than everything else though. Above all, the game lasted almost forty hours and it didn't feel like it had any padding whatsoever. All of the gameplay felt like it belonged and was fun, without very many mandatory and bothersome fetch quests slowing things down.

Final boss...

...was amazing! I had to walk away and come back to it several times. Had to stock up. Approach him in new ways and got really good at the shield bash. Then I found a really awesome way to take him on, and on my next attempt put it to use in a desperate last stand after losing my Goddess Shield. The feeling when you finally beat him was just awesome.

Okie, that does it for me! Might play a few of the unfinished subquests in my free time, but now I can relax a bit. I can't wait to try out hero mode this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back