Heat Street (r_heatstreet.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
NOTE: The following post is presented in Billy Mays mode. Be warned.

Placed in a spoiler tag to make the topic easier to scroll through.

[spoiler:275b691af6]Hey, have you ever played race at least once in your entire life? If not, go do that right now, or at least try to.

Did you ever get slaughtered by a bunch of hedgehogs thocking around with reckless abandon, leaving you, and possibly others, in the dust to to possibly picking someone else? Dont you wish you could send those guys to hell? Well, with this map, YOU CAN!

srb20046.png

INTRODUCING HEAT STREET! THE FAST AND EASY WAY TO THOK AND COOK DELICIOUS HEDGEHOGS, OTHER THOKERS, AND SMALL CHILDREN!

srb20042.png

USING ULTRABURN* TECHNOLOGY, WE PRESENT UNBELIEVABLY HOT MAGMA! MAGMA SO HOT, EVEN ELEMENTAL SHEILDS IT'LL STOP!

srb20043.png

BUT SOME MAGMA AND OBJECTS LIKE THIS SPEEDPAD ARE DELIGHTFULLY SHORT SO FLYERS CAN QUICKLY FLY AND DIVE OVER IT AND DOUBLE JUMPERS CAN HOP IT! GLIDERS CAN GO AROUND THE RIGHT SIDE OF IT WHILE THOCKERS WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE THE MAIN LEFT ROAD! THINGS LIKE THESE MAKE IT EASIER FOR SOME PREVIOUSLY WEAKER CHARACTERS TO WIN! EVEN TAILS CAN PULL OF A VICTORY HERE!

BEHOLD, A STAGE THAT FINALLY GIVES OTHER CHARACTERS THE SPOTLIGHT THEY DESERVE! ORDER NOW, AND WELL INCLUDE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT NO COST TO YOU! DON'T LET TAILS STAY IN THE DUST ANY LONGER, GIVE HIM A CHANCE WITH HEAT STREET! CLICK ON ONE OF THE LINKS BELW THIS PARAGRAPH AND DOWNLOAD YORU COPY TODAY![/spoiler:275b691af6]

*"Ulraburn" is just a fancy way of saying "Magma that uses Generic damage instead of Fire"

So yeah, a stage that actually makes Tails, Knuckles and chars with D-Jump capable of winning a race for once, as well as making the Whirlwind shield useful in race.

Download Link (Ver 1.0):

Mediafire Link
SRB2FFH Link

(Ver 1.1, with no death pits, springs to help recover, and more rings)

Mediafire

(Ver 1.2: Lava fort adjustments, more monitors and rings)

Mediafire
SRB2FFH

Last edited by a moderator:
The level's design left me confused the majority of the time, and the instant-death lava was more aggravating than difficult. Why doesn't it act like the lava found in RVZ?

Well, the whole point is that you can't get lucky with a green shield and thokfest your way through. But it should just hurt, not instakill.

The name of this level is the same with a mission in Ratchet and Clank: UYA. and it also had lava and harrowing jumps and cheap deaths.

...Yeaaaaaaaah, you ever have one of those moments where it SEEMS like a good idea at the time, but later you think "What the HELL was I thinking?"?

Yeah, I thought that, SOOOOOOOOOOO...

Version 1.1:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?doqmamgnytn

This version has Generic damage lava instead of instakill. Also, springs have been added in some areas to assist players who fell. More rings have been added as well.

Also, the Ratchet & Clank thing is purely couincidental.

NOTE TO SELF: PLAYTEST MOAR

Version 1.2:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rdyyvthaiei

This version changes the lava fort area a bit, replacing once useless blue springs with rings and monitors. Also, the blue springs closest to the lava can reach the top of the small steel platforms. More monitors were added, and rings have been added around some shortcuts.

Ah, I see.

Well, here's my thoughts.
Thokkers definitly don't stand a chance here. They'll also have trouble on some of those corners, which is really nice. Some corners however were so thin it broke the flow a little, and even as Tails and knux I was kind of falling off a little. And the music...it fits, but for some reason I think more fitting music can be used.
I also liked the fire. The flame throwers were intimidating.

HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO TURN OFF CAPS LOCK? WELL NOW YOU CAN!!!

And for all that talk about gameplay over graphics, you'd think making a simple map pleasant looking isn't that hard...

This place reminds me a little of Cosmic Rift Zone by Chaobrother. That map was also filled with visual gimmicks and cheap deaths, had a narrow and sometimes confusing track, and was designed so that Tails and Knuckles could actually hold their own against Sonic.

Is this a compliment or a criticism, you ask? It's a little of both. I liked CRZ, but it had a bunch of problems. This level has lots of potential--it just needs a bit of cleanup.

When you make your next update, please use the "Edit Addon details" link and upload your file as an attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back