Hardest Video Games You Have Played

Is a game that you own and have never beaten?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple

• No.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigboi

This should be interesting. (also, please note the s in games)

10. Guitar Hero. If you're going for five star ratings, it can get tough.

9. Devil May Cry 3. It can be a real pain in the dick.

8. Doom 2 on Nightmare Mode. Respawning monsters, limited items, and other things just plain piss you off in Doom.

7. Altered Beast. I actually own this game for the Genesis. I can't get past level 2.

6. Frequency/Amplitude. It's Guitar Hero, sans the controller.

5. Megaman I. Gutsman makes me cry. =(

4. Shinobi for PS2.

3. Any Contra game. 1 hit deaths.

2. R-Type. See Contra.

1. Ghosts and Goblins, hands down.

Runner up: Battletoads

Lesse, hard games.

Probably the hardest game I've ever played is Battletoads for the NES, which is so absurd that I am positive that you cannot beat the game without being a speedrunner. I've gotten to level 7, and basically the way you play the game is by advancing by memorization. You die, and remember "Don't do that". You then pass that part you died at, and then die again at the next hazard. Repeat. Anyone who seriously beats this game without savestates officially has too much time on their hands.

After that, I'd say Castlevania (NES) and F-Zero GX (GCN) come to mind. I've beaten Castlevania with a Game Genie for infinite lives (and the game is hard enough that I'm actually proud of that), and F-Zero GX without cheating at all (It took months. Damn story mission 7 on Very Hard)

I'd say that a lot of NES games are very hard or near-impossible to beat. Ninja Gaiden definitely comes to mind ... along with the anti-Christ that is Silver Surfer. Arg ...

Yeah, that's another one. Ninja Gaiden 2 is another of those "I've beaten it with a Game Genie" examples. The NES had some seriously brutal games on it.

Garfield: Caught in the Act for the Genesis is harder than you would think.

Bigboi said:
Garfield: Caught in the Act for the Genesis is harder than you would think.
I dunno, that one isn't so bad, IMO. Once you get how all the bosses play out, it becomes ludicrously easy.

Unless I was playing on Easy and never tried Hard, in which case my memory of the game is moot. To be frank, I don't remember THAT part very much.

Anyway, you think Contra was hard? Play the Japanese versions, then, they're easier. THREE HITS PER KILL FTW (although I think the classic UUDDLRLRBAStart code doesn't work in the first game)

I will never know why Konami decided to not even offer an option to that effect in the US versions of Contra games...

F-Zero GX for me. Can't beat Chapters 5, 7, and 8 on very hard(Mystic, sorry to ask this, but perhaps you can PM me a few tips on those?). Also, Master is quite hard too, the first map on Diamond cup is a pain.

I could get up to the Grand Prix chapter on Normal mode, but I could never beat it, due to the annoying narrow characteristics of the track, and the fact that there is very little in the way of siderails. Like, everyone is squeezing onto a tiny strip of track at once and I always fall or get bumped off. It's a pain, really.

The hardest game I have EVER played has gotta be F-Zero GX. Expert mode can get pretty brutal.

Ooh, ooh! I know! NES Metroid! Yeah, that game where you always start with 30 energy (even if you have energy tanks) and it takes ages to build up (which is very tiresome), and when you finally fill up all your tanks and go down to Norfair, you die within a few seconds!

My top 5:

5. Friday the 13(NES). That is one hard and fusturateing game(mispelled sorry).

4. Glover. Olney can beat the first world without cheats.

3. Devil May Cry 3 on Very Hard. Man, my hands hurt during that game.

2. Super Mario Bros 2. The import from Japan that I played as a ROM is still hard to beat.

1.5. Battletoads. Me and my friend can never get past level 4.

1. Contra. I love it to hate its insane gameplay and how hard the games are.

I beat them all though(Took about 2 years).

Resident Evil Series. Those are the hardest games of all time for me. I can't get far wtihout cheating. In Resident Evil 3: Nemisis, there's this THING called Nemisis (hence the game title) right, and sometimes he'll have a friggin' Rocket Launcher and he's not afraid to use it. How the hell does he keep firing that thing? It should've ran out of ammo the first 50 times he fired the thing. That is IF you survived that long.

My Dad owned the original Contra, and I could not even beat it.

Spyro 3: the Year of the Dragon and its Super Bonus World. :evil:

Armored Core 3: Silent Line Expansion disc. Stupid overpowered MT in the second power plant mission.

The Ooze (Genesis): I could never get past the second level. :(

1. jak 2

2. jak 3

3. Lord of the rings 1, 2 & 3 (2 & 3 on hard mode with no cheats)

4. Sonic shuffle (i know, I kinda suck at sonic shuffle but its fun, and i win against anyone else who plays with me)

My hardest game was Super Mario Bros. Lost Worlds. I can understand why Ninty decided against sending it over because they found it too hard for Americans. And believe me, it was. Oh don't worry. I beat it. With thousands of Game Overs underneath my belt, I still conquered it. I slaughtered my way through each of the levels afterward, boredom conciving me to slay the eight bosses in which I completely skipped and ignored using Warp Zones.

>_> Damn that game was EVIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back