[Open Assets] Exploding Tumbleweeds (boomweeds.soc)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fickleheart

ms reflec beat stan
Well, this is basically a small little SOC that turns the Big Tumbleweed object into a football bomb. After being kicked, it explodes on contact with anything. It could be useful for suprise attacks on any map that includes tumbleweeds, and it's a lot of fun to play with in Arid Canyon Zone.

If you can't use the attachments system, here's a mirror:
http://redechidna.110mb.com/Misc/boomweeds.txt

(Please note that for both versions, you need to Right Click>Save As and save it as "boomweeds.soc". They are not named as such due to the nature of the attachments system.)

Attachments

• boomweeds.txt
    796 bytes · Views: 896
  • srb20064.jpg
    srb20064.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 2,099
  • srb20067.jpg
    srb20067.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,731
I'm not sure how much trouble its worth, but if you set the target of the tumbleweed to a player after it's kicked, that player will get the points iirc.

I'm not sure how much trouble its worth, but if you set the target of the tumbleweed to a player after it's kicked, that player will get the points iirc.

Well, yeah, I could do that, but the Bomb Ring it spawns probably doesn't work the same way.

Yeah, I know about that. It's a bug in the scripting, but I don't know what to do about it. I might be able to screw with it and see if spawning an extra would work. I also forgot to mention that if it touches you directly, it doesn't explode. I'm still adjusting to SOCcing again.

Last edited:
You know what? I found this fun, i did.

While it isn't exactly easy to just push tumbleweeds into any enemy you see, it is somewhat useful to put as a trap, as long as you're not in range...

Open SRB2, open the console and type in "addfile boomweeds.soc". Done.
But it is a txt file. And when I change the file extension at the end to .soc and then type it in the console it says wad file not found. It would of made more sense if it said soc file not found.

But it is a txt file. And when I change the file extension at the end to .soc and then type it in the console it says wad file not found. It would of made more sense if it said soc file not found.
Do you use Internet Explorer? If yes, try to download it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back