Unknown error in my level

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailzdude

I was making a level, (my first level actually) and when I thought that I'd finally finished it, it came up with an error:

"signal_handler(): segment violation"

I don't have a clue what this means, or what I have to do...

Please help!

tailzdude said:
I was making a level, (my first level actually) and when I thought that I'd finally finished it, it came up with an error:

"signal_handler(): segment violation"

I don't have a clue what this means, or what I have to do...

Please help!

Probably an unclosed sector or random linedef, if you have the wad, you could send it to me to look at, I had this problem too, also click the link in my sig, it's the alpha of my first level pack, and in that pack is my first level, the pack is imcomplete though.

Fixed

It's fixed, read the pm.

Oh and a random linedef, is one that is just lying around, make sure that when you delete a sector you don't want, to get rid of any leftover linedefs, and control sectors belong outside the map, and in the pm I tell you about other things you need to fix, I could do that too, if you want me to.

Sometimes it happens if the name is too long. I had to go through three different stage variations before I figured that out and it stopped crashing. =/

Actually, It's just called Water World.

The errors from before are now fixed (thanks to SWP :wink: )

But I just have one more problem.

I want to put little circles of land in the middle of the water, but when I change it, it affects all of the water!

tailzdude said:

I want to put little circles of land in the middle of the water, but when I change it, it affects all of the water!

Little circles, I can do that, and add water bubbles, and make it a race track.

But I need more info on what your talking about, cause I have a bit of underwater things in my second level I'm working on.

Underwater land: Little platforms of land underwater.

Draw a sector underwater in the shape of the land, and copy the floor and ceiling heights of the sector with water in it, adject the floor hight to however above the floor you want the land, tag the land sector with the same tag as the sectors with water in it, in sectors mode.

Or I could just do it, just let me know.

Some times when I get that error I have to make a new wad file and merge the old map with the new wad file. Then I have to re-write the MAINCFG.

SWP (SRB2) said:
tailzdude said:

Little circles, I can do that, and add water bubbles, and make it a race track.

But I need more info on what your talking about, cause I have a bit of underwater things in my second level I'm working on.

Underwater land: Little platforms of land underwater.

Draw a sector underwater in the shape of the land, and copy the floor and ceiling heights of the sector with water in it, adject the floor hight to however above the floor you want the land, tag the land sector with the same tag as the sectors with water in it, in sectors mode.

Or I could just do it, just let me know.

Um.. I don't get it.
Can you do it then please? :mrgreen:

tailzdude said:
It's easy, I just look at what SWP did.

Well I learned by trial and error, but my current alpha doesn't show what I did, again I could do it. You just make another sector that is just like the underwater ones, raise the floor of that sector, and action tag in sectors mode to the same tag as the underwater sectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back