It's been about 6 years since I last played SRB2, and I couldn't be happier.

Sonic Destiny

dealer of Retribution.
Hi All,

I just wanted to share this since I just got through to Arid Canyon Zone 2 just now...

I decided to pick SRB2 back up because it was brought up when my best friend and I were double dating a few hours ago with his wife and my fiancee. My best friend and I grew up on SRB2. We made crappy levels in SRB2 Doom Builder, and spent a ton of time just exploring mods and playing online in the previous versions. It randomly came up in topic when him and I were reminiscing earlier, so I hopped on discord with him and we both decided to redownload the game.

Needless to say, I'm completely blown away with how much it has changed. The SLOPES! REAL SLOPES! That wasn't the only thing either... new game mechanics, engaging and colorful scenery, and large scale changes that him and I could have never seen coming. It's been a very long time since I've felt like I've been able to immerse myself in a game, and not feel like I was grinding.

I just wanted to say thank you to the creators for creating such an enjoyable experience, and for continuing to work on the game. The nostalgia of middle school came rushing back, and I couldn't be happier.

There's something disorienting and slightly disconcerting about hearing numbers like "6 years" and words like "Wife" or "fiancee" in an SRB2 thread. It makes me feel old and crotchety. =P

I'm glad you tried it again, though. We put a lot of effort into the most recent update, and for me personally, I get a tremendous amount of joy at the reactions of people who weren't paying attention to development and come back utterly stunned at the game. It tells me all the hard work and time was definitely worth it. I'm glad you liked it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back