i honestly agree with you two.
i was more used to homing attack than this Atom Dash thingy, and yeah, there should be another character or a LUA about it
or just make 2 versions that adds some changes (like an AltSonicClassic.pk3)

I took a bit to think on it, and tried this final update. I... am happy to admit I was actually wrong. It took me a bit to recognize the more immediate uses, but I do actually think the atom-dash is fine when you enter boostmode. so- I take back what I said now. I like the Atom Dash!

Remember how 2.3.1 was meant to be the last version?
srb20785.gif
Me neither.

srb20786.gif
Goop seems to have an odd effect on dashmode.

srb20812.png
Contrary to what the captions in this screenshot would have you believe, it is in fact not playing the invincibility music.

There are also 3 bugs that I couldn't be bothered to record:
-Altsonic can't skip on water while spinning
-When charging up an Atom Dash with dashmode fully charged Altsonic inches forwards very slowly
-While the super music is playing, turning MIDI music on and off in the menu will make it play the default super music instead of Altsonic's custom super music until the menu is closed

Remember how 2.3.1 was meant to be the last version?
View attachment 32447
Me neither.

View attachment 32448
Goop seems to have an odd effect on dashmode.

View attachment 32449
Contrary to what the captions in this screenshot would have you believe, it is in fact not playing the invincibility music.

There are also 3 bugs that I couldn't be bothered to record:
-Altsonic can't skip on water while spinning
-When charging up an Atom Dash with dashmode fully charged Altsonic inches forwards very slowly
-While the super music is playing, turning MIDI music on and off in the menu will make it play the default super music instead of Altsonic's custom super music until the menu is closed

Here we go again

2.3.5 is the final, definitive version of Alt Sonic. There will be no more updates as of now, and I don't plan on sprucing up anything past this point, since I'm pretty happy with how it is. The 4 month journey of making this character was quite fun, but it's over. I hope everyone enjoys the final update.

EDIT: After finding a few new bugs and getting some criticism, I released one more hotfix. This should have fixed all currently known bugs, and will be the last update other than possible future bug fixes.

EDIT 2: Get Japed.

Last edited:
When you brake in NiGHTS, Sonic gets stuck in a spinning frame

Also, some suggestions:
-Sapphire would be a better prefcolor for him
-Drop Dash is a great ability option for him

When you brake in NiGHTS, Sonic gets stuck in a spinning frame

Also, some suggestions:
-Sapphire would be a better prefcolor for him
-Drop Dash is a great ability option for him

Thank you for the feedback. Drop dash was considered at one point but was ultimately left out due to Spindrift/Atom Dash's inclusion.
The bug related to Nights stages was fixed, and Alt's prefcolor was changed to Sapphire.

That mid air ability is really cool! I would suggest adding like this thing that adds an arrow to the ability that points up and down, if you let the jump button go while the arrow is up Sonic could go directly up and the same thing with down.

this character has become, hands down, the best alternative version of Sonic
I love the new sprites, I love the atom dash, and I love the animation of the super transformation
10/10, you deserved it, my friend

i don't really know if this is a bug or not, but after doing a atom dash on boost mode, Sonic would use the running animation on the ground until you stop, is silly to look at

Attachments

• srb20364.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 247
  • srb20366.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 399
i don't really know if this is a bug or not, but after doing a atom dash on boost mode, Sonic would use the running animation on the ground until you stop, is silly to look at

This has to do with how Super Dash Mode functions, and a fix was never found. This bug may as well be harmless however, and it also adds more leniency for keeping SDM if you bump into something.

Not going to lie, my expectations for this were rather low going in, but I ended up pleasantly surprised.
The sprites are tastefully edited, the moveset feels intuitive while offering a high skill ceiling; this is really damn well made, down to the little details such as the atom dash stars forming a perfect ring in 2D. Kudos.
srb20004.png

And I always appreciate Legacy mods being thrown a bone, though I have no recollection of hearing about an "Alt-Sonic" pre-2.2.

Last edited:
This is the my favorite Atlernitave Sonic, mainly because it's the only one I've played. And yet, if I played different Alt. Sonics, I think this one would stand on top of them all.

yo, did i said already about the sprites of this character?
because they look really cool, even the super transformation looks sick with the emeralds showing when the animation happens

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back