• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Single Player Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

falco1029

How does one make a character singleplayer available? I tried copying the file from the shadow wad, but it just ignored it....

You also renamed everything to what is supposed to right? If you did, you must of missed something. Go check exactly how it was made.

I copied anything that was nessesary for Kirby and it worked just fine. If you're still so darn confused on what you did wrong, then compare how Shadow and Kirby are made.

Why aren't character wads available for use in Single Player mode by default, anyway? If the character image thing has something to do with it, couldn't you just place a ? thing where the image is supposed to be?

It's the way the menu works. It needs a description and other data, like a header for a stage. If they just displayed all of them, it would cause problems if you went over 8 skins as well as putting Zim into the normal display.

you're probably just not inputting the wad correctly. You add a char wad like you add a map wad. Go into the command (press ~), then type ADDFILE WADNAME.WAD

Ok got it working. I decided that I wil lmake this my full vfersiomn of sticky, and I'm gonna add spin to it (he'll transform into a drill). I'll email it to someone to host when I'm done.

Mystic said:
It's the way the menu works. It needs a description and other data, like a header for a stage. If they just displayed all of them, it would cause problems if you went over 8 skins as well as putting Zim into the normal display.

And to provide modders with control over what characters can be used in their mod. Sort of, anyway, since if you know the console you could change it.

ok il lemail him to you. (warning, prolonged looking at sticky's low quality may cause retinal damage, use at own risk!). And if There are any bugs I missed feel free to fix them (though i think i got them)

EDIT: Grr, his a and b sprites changed to capital again, I fixe dmine but you'll have to fix the copy I sent you before hosting. Dont worry, all of the things are right at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back