Fixed Colored Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as the title says,if you enable Shadows
(Shadow "on") all the Transparent Objects drops Colored shadows like blue Spheres after Picking them up, is this Supposed to Happen ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as you said, all transparent objects has colored shadows, blue spheres turn transparent when you pick them so I guess it's not a bug. I find it more weird when you're super Sonic or having the super sneakers and you're leaving trails of your character's sprites on the floor.

This shadow command isn't that good anyway. The shadow command from SRB2CB was much better, because it actually made real shadows for the sprites AND MD2 models, not fake ones that only face the front no matter what angle you look at it from. They should implement something like that in 2.1.9.

This shadow command isn't that good anyway. The shadow command from SRB2CB was much better, because it actually made real shadows for the sprites AND MD2 models, not fake ones that only face the front no matter what angle you look at it from. They should implement something like that in 2.1.9.

You forgot to mention the floating off-ledges shadows :P
Also, shadows in SRB2 = ugly dark sprites that causes amount of lags.

You forgot to mention the floating off-ledges shadows :P
Also, shadows in SRB2 = ugly dark sprites that causes amount of lags.

I didn't even get any lag on my shitty old laptop, so I don't see why you get lag from it.

I didn't even get any lag on my shitty old laptop, so I don't see why you get lag from it.

I mean on my old 500 MB ram + best processor ever computer sure, my laptop can handle these...

I mean on my old 500 MB ram + best processor ever computer sure, my laptop can handle these...
The worlds smallest computer tops your ram by 12MB.
Oh god.
Anyway, I never really cared for shadows. In most cases, their so minor that I forgot to care. Like when your playing with knuckles and--- Oh god, look at that beautiful spriting. Oh god--- HOLY CRAP ITS A PIT
No, but seriously, in most cases for me, sprites are so unnoticeable that you just cant really see them at all.

Fixed. Turns out the code for colormapping the main sprites (for transparent sprites or objects with MF2_SHADOW) was copy+pasted over to sprite shadows ...which inadvertantly also gives them back their coloring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back