What if SMS was added to SRB2 by Sonic Team JR?

FishandChips

When was the last time I logged in?
I think the servers would be down already.
d3edx38-39addef6-0ec9-4d66-aa75-6ee0322c5356.png

SRB2 would probably need a new engine which supports maps of larger size, because the current ones feel a bit too short for SMS's tremendous speed...

Thing is, you want to add him in with the rest of the cast.

This immediately brings up balance with the cast... which is non exsistant, either SMS gets a dramatic simplification or the vanilla cast get a broken buff :p

IF he was added, i guess he could just have a separate set of levels JUST for SMS.

Though it wont be suitable for the vanilla cast

Last edited:
What are you, nuts? You expect the Custom Buttons to be assigned by default just for SMS? :flooshed:

SMS: Did you do it?
Sonic Team Junior: Yes.
SMS: What did it cost?
Sonic Team Junior: Whatever the word balancing meant.

If he gets added before someone like Mighty or Ray, then this world deserves to burn

This is a joke thread right? I don't want meme characters to be by default in SRB2.

If he gets added before someone like Mighty or Ray, then this world deserves to burn
It's already more or less happening this summer but I kinda agree.

Last edited:
This is a joke thread right? I don't want meme characters to be by default in SRB2.

It's already more or less happening this summer but I kinda agree.
Since when is SMS a meme character...? He's legitimately one of the most if not *the* most technically impressive mod(s) on the mb, and is clearly a labor of love by shine. Nobody would put in 6 years of work for a simple meme mod.

Since when is SMS a meme character...? He's legitimately one of the most if not *the* most technically impressive mod(s) on the mb, and is clearly a labor of love by shine. Nobody would put in 6 years of work for a simple meme mod.
Making him deliberately overpowered is one kind of meme character (like Sans).

A joke character is either very bad (like in fighting game where they're low-tier) or a straight-up Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu.

I like the idea of OP characters but I'm also against the idea of putting said OP character in the vanilla game.

He wasn't a meme character, but people looked at it as such, even created some actual meme characters parodying SMS' name and OP moveset.
6 years? SMS has more than that into place, I think it goes over a decade of work.

Last edited:
He wasn't a meme character, but people looked at it as such, even created some actual meme characters parodying SMS' name and OP moveset.
6 years? SMS has more than that into place, I think it goes over a decade of work.
I meant 6 years specifically for SMSReborn, not sms as a whole.

He doesn't mesh with the design or aesthetic of the game at all. He's not really supposed to, he's designed to be as ridiculous and overpowered as possible and that's fine and he's a fun character. But it just wouldn't really make sense to make him an official part of the game that the devs need to devote time and energy to and take into account when they're designing other things.

Like, I love the A Hat in Time mod that adds a Sonic hat that makes you run as fast as Sonic, it's awesome and really fun to play around with, but I get why it's not an official part of the game and is "just" a mod. There's nothing wrong with some things "just" being mods as opposed to official parts of the game. Especially since, as opposed to with an officially licensed game that will be released on consoles, anybody playing SRB2 is going to have access to mods.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back