Confirmed Area under ? block incorrectly colored underwater in Pipe Towers Zone

cookiefonster

Wiki Admin
IR6HVzM.png

The area underneath the block is colored as if it were outside of water. I assume it's supposed to be be a little darker than its surroundings instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, this is an old one! This is because the FOF is shadowcasting, which creates a "light" that overrides the colormap "light" above it from the top of the FOF downwards. Non-shadowcasting FOFs, on the other hand, don't get this weird situation IIRC.

This bug could be fixed, but it's hard to tell whether doing so would have any unwanted side effects. Might have to be a 2.3 thing if so.

Oh, this is an old one! This is because the FOF is shadowcasting, which creates a "light" that overrides the colormap "light" above it from the top of the FOF downwards. Non-shadowcasting FOFs, on the other hand, don't get this weird situation IIRC.

This bug could be fixed, but it's hard to tell whether doing so would have any unwanted side effects. Might have to be a 2.3 thing if so.
Does this issue hold for everything underwater, or just this specific case? I'm just curious.

Does this issue hold for everything underwater, or just this specific case? I'm just curious.
I think it does for everything shadowcasting underwater, as Iestyn described:
<...> This is because the FOF is shadowcasting, which creates a "light" that overrides the colormap "light" above it from the top of the FOF downwards. Non-shadowcasting FOFs, on the other hand, don't get this weird situation IIRC.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back