Post your pics/art here!

SAI Paint Tool. For drawing, I alternate between that and Manga Studio. Manga Studio has more features, but SAI has a more comfortable interface for me. I'll usually complete my lineart in the former, while doing the coloring and blending and effects in the latter.

SAI Paint Tool. For drawing, I alternate between that and Manga Studio. Manga Studio has more features, but SAI has a more comfortable interface for me. I'll usually complete my lineart in the former, while doing the coloring and blending and effects in the latter.

i've used sai a few times, but i use manga studio more often than not.
it's easier to use than sai imo

also my first drawing i can actually consider finished:
DiMwtBy.png

Last edited:
Here's my newest drawing! The words on the stone posts are all Japanese ことわざ (kotowaza) and 四字熟語 (yojijukugo). Essentially, they are Japanese sayings or proverbs. I chose proverbs that I felt were relevant and important to me, as well as ones that I hope others will take to heart as well. If anyone wants a translation of the writing I would be more than willing to add it to this description.

On a side note, I was originally going to put the names of Japanese people who have been an inspiration to me in some way or another, but it turns out that the posts would look a lot like graves if I were to do that. >_>"

I really like how well this piece turned out, despite me being too lazy to correct some mistakes and some parts I don't like (anatomy!! >_<) This piece was a lot of firsts for me. First time drawing a full body character, first time drawing daytime scenery, trees, animals, and grass*. I had to redraw so many things so many times, but somehow I finally finished! Normally, when I try something with so many new elements I eventually give up, but somehow I was able to stick with it and make something I'm pretty proud of. DeviantArt Link - Gateway to the Temple

*Disclaimer - I did draw grass in my previous picture, but that was just a few blurred blades, not an entire landscape.

K0o0vyo.png

Last edited:
Photoshop CS3, all sketched with my tablet, using a dark red color for the brush.

Here's some traditional sketches from my sketchbook:

2le14qe.jpg

2mgmlwp.jpg

t0ruau.jpg

2iw6exw.jpg

That is awesome, ultimate. I love how the landscape seems to distort away from the viewer, as if they were in some kind of super-elevated position. The layout of the landscape is really nice, too, despite the distortion it's all very believable which is hard to do with landscapes in this style! Looks a bit like your Canada photos, yes? But... do you have one without the girl? Everything about her, from her hands, to her posture, to her expression is awkward, and I really think it subtracts from the composition... Sorry if I sound really mean!

Last edited:
ia_by_jawjakerssure-d6h3nie.jpg
Vocaloid IA.
dat_fox_boy__by_jawjakerssure-d718895.jpg
Tails, of course.
__the_anime_artist___by_jawjakerssure-d729aiu.jpg
Jason Todd, the Second Robin, from Batman. (kind of looks like Vegeta fusion with Gohan to me....)
hedgehog_character_concepts_by_jawjakerssure-d74on8v.jpg

Wow wow, Lot's of crappy ideas for hedgehog characters hahahaha.
(Don't ask why I like the one with an eye patch. I just think characters with eye patches are really cool hahahaha).

Yeah, a lot of these pictures (being 3/4) are unfinished-
But I haven't posted pictures in this for about 4 years...
So why not catch up?

Uh... My coloring and shading isn't the best so please try to ignore that hahaha.
and uh, please excuse my large pictures.

That is awesome, ultimate. I love how the landscape seems to distort away from the viewer, as if they were in some kind of super-elevated position. The layout of the landscape is really nice, too, despite the distortion it's all very believable which is hard to do with landscapes in this style! Looks a bit like your Canada photos, yes? But... do you have one without the girl? Everything about her, from her hands, to her posture, to her expression is awkward, and I really think it subtracts from the composition... Sorry if I sound really mean!

Thank you! And yes, I can get that up in a moment for you, and you did not sound mean. I very much appreciate critique. Immediately after finishing the piece, I didn't notice many problems with the girl, but after stepping back for a few hours finishing it, I began noticing quite a few problems with her. I like her face and lighting, but I agree that most else is awkward. Thanks for taking the time to comment and critique, it really is a great help to improve, and I'm glad you gave both sides of your opinion! I'll have the edited version up in a moment.

EDIT: My plan was to just turn off the layers which made up the girl, but then I remembered that I skimped out on quite a bit of the background which was covered up by her...meaning it's not actually a complete picture anymore! (ehehehe bad artist ethics) I'll make a fully finished BG-only version hopefully by tomorrow around this time, but for now I'll give you this incomplete one.

VhfBSu9.jpg

Last edited:
RikkiandSparkey, your pictures are really good. You tackled a lot of different poses, facial expressions, and clothing types, and made them all look natural to the art style. (The first picture - the girl - looks kinda anatomically not quite right though, even for a comic/manga.)

Ultimate, I agree with everything Ice said. Also, the missing stone markers in the no-girl version of your picture actually makes me feel more free - like I am invited to run across the grass, to go splash around the river. I'm sure it will look better with the markers in place, but I thought I would mention the interesting effect.

RikkiandSparkey, your pictures are really good. You tackled a lot of different poses, facial expressions, and clothing types, and made them all look natural to the art style. (The first picture - the girl - looks kinda anatomically not quite right though, even for a comic/manga.).

Hey, Thanks!
Yeah the first picture I only posted mainly because I liked the coloring on it hahaha.
I was in a class working with anatomy and stuff when I did that so I was still learning about it around that time. (though I still have a problem with anatomy now and again hahaha That stuff is crazy hard to work with.)

EDIT:
sonic_boom_by_jawjakerssure-d75obvn.jpg

I thought I might as well partake in the Sonic Boom bandwagon and do a picture.
I actually am really enjoying the designs- Even though I still draw Sonic's arms tan when I try to draw Sonic Boom him, and I still can't draw triangle Knuckles-

But whatever.
Tried my best on the picture.
-- Wow I keep editing this.
But I just noticed, Amy's shoes are wrong. So ignore that hahaha. I'm sure I got a lot of more things wrong too.

Last edited:
Vocaloid IA.

IAAAAA!!! That's super rad!

Anyway, hey guys. Haven't posted here in years. (Kinda waiting for new NiGHTS mode Haha)
But decided to post some Sonic Boom fanart as well since I've been doodling Knux since the designs were revealed.
16itvsy.jpg

Seriously love all of your Sonic Boom sketches, you guys.

(And wasn't planning on posting this, but since that awesome IA picture was posted...)
Got Miku, made her sing a Bentley Jones song. That's close enough to SEGA related right? And music's art, so...
https://soundcloud.com/scrappy-r/mikuv3-e-icucm-bentley-jones
Guess I better get her to sing Deep Sea Zone again for old times sake. Haha.

(And wasn't planning on posting this, but since that awesome IA picture was posted...)
Got Miku, made her sing a Bentley Jones song. That's close enough to SEGA related right? And music's art, so...
https://soundcloud.com/scrappy-r/mikuv3-e-icucm-bentley-jones
Guess I better get her to sing Deep Sea Zone again for old times sake. Haha.

Haha thanks!
That's a nice Miku ya got there- I think that's the first time Miku's voice hasn't irritated me cause for once she's not singing as high as she possibly can hahaha.

Wow wow don't mind me guys, I'm just gonna load up some more pictures-
And I swear after these I'm done.
(God everyone must hate me because I post in this non-stop.)
mel__kenta_and_kumi_by_jawjakerssure-d717pk8.jpg

the_twins_by_jawjakerssure-d7569ei.png

Just some sketches and a picture I never finished-
but Ok, Ok, I promise I'm done now.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back