StephChars v2.1 - World Of Colors Update!

StephChars v2.1 - World Of Colors Update! v2.1

I haven't even played this character yet and I'm already digging this. Those abilities encompass multiple gimmicks that I myself would have loved to utilize and play around with. Not to mention I really like the character design!

Man I love Skip. He is really fun to play as and has a really good design.
I will say that he is one of my favorite fan characters that SRB2 community has created so far. I like the idea of a character that is able to craft things thanks to what he gets through his journey and the enemies he destroys. Sometimes he can be really hard to play as. Defeating bosses is kinda like a challenge to me. But thanks to his ability of creating shield monitors, everything becomes more easy. While playing with him I used SRB2's vanilla electric shield which to me is actually really helpful. My only problem with Skip is that when you look at him in some angles his sprites look a little weird. Good job making this character, it's awesome.

edit: Also, I would suggest adding a command that turns off the dust Skip does while running.

Last edited:
no one's around to help
I don't have to prove myself to anyone
I need some peace and tranquility

Very fun and well designed character! Brings a new layer of gameplay to SRB2, which you don't see a whole lot in character mods. Unfortunately, I hit a brick wall at the Metal Sonic battle because in the difficulty of hurting him instead of just jumping through him.

Unfortunately, I hit a brick wall at the Metal Sonic battle because in the difficulty of hurting him instead of just jumping through him.

Metal Sonic really picky on how you're able to make him hit-able (I've had similar issues with Spyro). Try constructing an Attraction Shield Monitor and using the shield's given homing dive ability. The real challenge then is to not yeet yourself off the stage.

Last edited:
While I have no plans on making Skip be able to hit enemies in the air like spin characters can, unless people scream about it enough, I do encourage using Golden Monitors in his fight. By that point in the game you should already have enough scrap to at least afford an Attraction one. My best advice is to land before you hit him after the spinout, then you'll have your double jump and second dive ready to correct your midair position and avoid falling.

On the other hand, I want to thank you all for the support on my OC. I really didn't expect him to be this welcomed and loved, so I am incredibly grateful to each and every one of you!

While I have no plans on making Skip be able to hit enemies in the air like spin characters can, unless people scream about it enough, I do encourage using Golden Monitors in his fight. By that point in the game you should already have enough scrap to at least afford an Attraction one. My best advice is to land before you hit him after the spinout, then you'll have your double jump and second dive ready to correct your midair position and avoid falling.

On the other hand, I want to thank you all for the support on my OC. I really didn't expect him to be this welcomed and loved, so I am incredibly grateful to each and every one of you!
As soon as I read your name I remembered your YouTube channel. I'd tell you about it right here but I don't think this is the place (or maybe time) for it. I'll knit up a thread about your channel later today, though.

i swear, Skip and Silver does a good team together: Silver just kills badniks, while Skips grabs the junk and creates shields
i'll recommend it if you want some defense and more fun

Everyone stop bothering people for Battle Support,there will never be battle support added

So this is that character who was in one of my personalized SM64 copy?
skip64.png

Jokes aside, I love this character. His moveset is fun, and the monitor crafting feature is unique! The Dive reminds me of SM64, which is a good thing. But here, with the Double Jump, it's so much more fun using the Dive than in SM64. My favorite shield ability with this character is the Infinite Dive. Very fun to use and is good for speedruns. I have no complaints related to this character. Keep up the good work!

I wonder when you'll re-release the Toby Fox mod you made in 2.1.X.
Great mod btw, I came here from BlueBlur TV's youtube channel.

Last edited:
I seem to have bad luck when trying out these mods because I sometimes get weird errors when playing. For this character, I get this error:
8JFWkkk.png

This may also be the reason why I can't crouch or use the backpack.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back