Help with my first character

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelBJ245

I was working on my very first character, inspired by Knuckles' new swimming sprites, but then I ran into an itty bitty problem or two.
I needed help with making the sprites.
I then put my project on hiatus and looked into my other idea.
What I'm saying is, I didn't know whether to continue my Sonic and Knuckles fusion project or start working on a literal flying Sonic (using the default sprites or other Sonic sprites).
So now I'm looking for any professionals (that are online at least, since most are not) to assist me, or someone else to point me to one.

The Flying Sonic idea is out of question, otherwise you'd be stealing someone else's content. So work on Sonukles

The Flying Sonic idea is out of question, otherwise you'd be stealing someone else's content. So work on Sonukles
Thanks for the first part. The second part, I'll need some help for. I know people might see me as a beggar for this, but still, what would you expect from a single person on his own?

You could make a flying Sonic as a Lua mod, not as a character.

I know people might see me as a beggar for this, but still, what would you expect from a single person on his own?

You can't expect people to make sprites for you for free, and using other people's sprites is just stealing. If you need help with sprites, you could search for some tutorials online, I'm sure there are plenty.

You could make a flying Sonic as a Lua mod, not as a character.

You can't expect people to make sprites for you for free, and using other people's sprites is just stealing. If you need help with sprites, you could search for some tutorials online, I'm sure there are plenty.
I'm editing Knuckles' sprites so I can get them refined. I am LITERALLY doing 50% of the work YOU expect ME to get DONE.
Do you REALLY WANT me to do THE WHOLE THING myself?
GOD, I have SUCH a HEADACHE now.

I'm editing Knuckles' sprites so I can get them refined. I am LITERALLY doing 50% of the work YOU expect ME to get DONE.
EA42mJJXYAEzxWF_(2).jpg

tl;dr: You gotta make what you wanna see. You might get help, but if you haven't done anything yourself, asking for it will make you look a lot like an idea guy. Nobody likes the idea guy.

This community is no stranger to single creators completing massive units of work on their own -- even though group efforts have started to become more common recently (a welcome blessing, for certain,) many characters and mods are still largely solo work.

So, yeah, in a way I expect you to do the whole thing yourself. No one really deserves any assistance, but I'm sure if you post your work and ask for feedback there'll be plenty of people happy to help you improve. If you can find someone willing to help you out, by all means, accept their help, but demanding it like this is going to work against your own interests of finding that help... and that's something I can promise.

... by the way, we haven't actually seen that 50% of work-

There are quite a few people that have made wads on their own. Anyway, everything I've seen from you is just a bit stupid. An example is making a thread on someone's youtube channel. Like, okay? steph put mods on there? cool??? Another example is basically forcing Chengi to make Neo 2.0. Back on topic now. Yes, we do expect you to do the whole thing yourself. If you want someone to help you, do not FORCE people to help you. That is not how this works. People might not want to help you if you're rude like this.

GOD, I have SUCH a HEADACHE now.

You are expected to do 100% of your own work, be it here or in any other community. You will get all the assistance you may need in the process by people who are glad to help, but you keep acting rudely to other members so long as they're not moderators, which means you're not fit for asking for anyone's collaboration right now. Try again some other time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back