• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

Now when have release dates ever worked for anything SRB2 related? :P
When its done of course.

There is no OLDC until 2.1, I didn't want to enter it in the current/previous contest since the sandfall physics are terrible in 2.0, and it's also missing one extra path that I have yet to finish. (but I could easily block that off and it wouldn't change the level much at all.)

There is no OLDC until 2.1, I didn't want to enter it in the current/previous contest since the sandfall physics are terrible in 2.0, and it's also missing one extra path that I have yet to finish. (but I could easily block that off and it wouldn't change the level much at all.)

Did I miss 2.1 info? I've never hear about better sand fall physics at all.

I thought it was general knowledge by now that 2.1 is clearly the sequel to XSRB2. :y

Last edited:
You'll miss a lot of 2.1 info if you don't join #srb2fun in IRC.

Well, I joined many times and I've never seen 2.1 info, then could you explain how the new sand fall physics works? (I think the Wiki needs to be updated)

Play Xsrb2's X maps and search for the desert themed level. ( I think it's MapX4?) You'll be able to try it out for yourself.

I thought it was general knowledge by now that 2.1 is clearly the sequel to XSRB2.

Yes, I've read 2.1 has XSRB2 features, though, I didn't know about the sand fall physics, but I should have guessed it.

Play Xsrb2's X maps and search for the desert themed level. ( I think it's MapX4?) You'll be able to try it out for yourself.

MapX3, actually. Yes, I think it's a huge improvement for the main EXE.

I recently started working on another character:

qk4PhYV.gif
qhKDIXR.png

Her name is Mari, and she's basically a cat pirate. I wanted her to be very agile and quick but lacking in other departments (perhaps her spindash won't be as effective or something). Unlike my previous character wad, Mari isn't using Sonic as a base. Instead, I'm using the character I already made as a simple guideline; all of Mari's animations will be different from the vanilla poses. I've had a couple of ideas rolling around my head already; one of them being that Mari will carry a sword on her back and spin in a fashion similar to Espio or Blaze except that she'll use the sword as the supposed method of attack. I'm still not sure about her ability though; she was originally planned to use swimming but I never got over the fact that you can also walk on water with it. I'd like to try to make a custom ability but I haven't thought of any good ones that would also balance out with her 'agile' playstyle.

I recently started working on another character:

qk4PhYV.gif
qhKDIXR.png

Her name is Mari, and she's basically a cat pirate. I wanted her to be very agile and quick but lacking in other departments (perhaps her spindash won't be as effective or something). Unlike my previous character wad, Mari isn't using Sonic as a base. Instead, I'm using the character I already made as a simple guideline; all of Mari's animations will be different from the vanilla poses. I've had a couple of ideas rolling around my head already; one of them being that Mari will carry a sword on her back and spin in a fashion similar to Espio or Blaze except that she'll use the sword as the supposed method of attack. I'm still not sure about her ability though; she was originally planned to use swimming but I never got over the fact that you can also walk on water with it. I'd like to try to make a custom ability but I haven't thought of any good ones that would also balance out with her 'agile' playstyle.

Hah, I know that feeling of trying to think up of an ability. I'm still thinking of an ability for Shadow and my female fc.

Anyways, on topic. How about a slightly nerded thok/walljump ability? You could make it so that the walljump doesn't activate until you come in contact with a wall (like senku) and when not in contact, your fc can do a thok.

Hah, I know that feeling of trying to think up of an ability. I'm still thinking of an ability for Shadow and my female fc.

Anyways, on topic. How about a slightly nerded thok/walljump ability? You could make it so that the walljump doesn't activate until you come in contact with a wall (like senku) and when not in contact, your fc can do a thok.

I really wouldn't recommend wall jump it has some Soc glitches when you add maps like mansion14.wad or almost any mod or map that has Socs sometimes. Like "TheFinalSonicTeam.wad (wad I help made)" as an example. But if Jasper is a good at socing, go right ahead and use that ability and add other features to it. But what I think Jasper character needs is some other kind of ability. Stomp ability is not often used much and Swim but I doubt any of though's abilities fit Jaspers Character wad. You can also just have a jump ability and have no thok. I was also thinking of some new ability to make you run on walls like espio. It might be not possible. Just giving you ideas, but if you need help you know who to call.

Last edited:
I really wouldn't recommend wall jump it has some Soc glitches when you add maps like mansion14.wad or almost any mod or map that has Socs sometimes.
Stuff like that is pretty much universally the result of slot collisions; whoever made the walljump you're thinking of used state and thing slots too early in the list so it conflicts with SOCS within maps, which typically use the first ones.

This is a mistake that can be made with any SOC intended for use with other mods, and doesn't really have anything to do with walljump as a character ability.

I can't even think of anything unique that could be done for characters anymore. 2.0's character system is horribly limited.

How about a slightly nerfed thok/walljump ability?

I never really enjoyed wall jump myself personally. It just seems like a gimmicky thing that you'll use very rarely compared to the abilities of the default three characters. At least as Jasper, the homing attack still has a purpose.

Stomp ability is not often used much and Swim but I doubt any of though's abilities fit Jaspers Character wad. You can also just have a jump ability and have no thok.

Not entirely sure about Stomp, could work depending on how Mari ends up controlling. Swim would be a valid choice, but if I could do better I probably will try. I did mess around with a higher jump though and it does fit with the whole 'agile' vibe to her. Not sure if I actually want to implement that in though.

I might try to make an ability that's somewhat usable even in Match. I was thinking something like a blitz move where Mari suddenly darts forward and slightly upward a couple of feet but drops with much less speed (basically a double-edged sword that punishes you for using it blatantly). In Co-op/SP it could be used to land on a platform you just barely missed and in Match it'll mainly be used to confuse other players. Whether this is possible or not I'm not sure; time to start studying on SOCs again.

I like the blitz idea. Maybe make it a bit more memorable, and have her dart in a zigzag forward a little ways, leaving sparks behind? You could put a nice slicing sound effect with it for maximum quality, too.

jbzNtTBpibyXWO.png

jpLtcIRTu9rNk.png

jQ1r1FVdLtJWW.png

Thought I'd show these off, just a Sonic I'm doing for the SRB2TopDown mod shown earlier in the thread. Still work in progress obviously, don't complain about the dry colors. Not my fault.

Oh and, um. Kart isn't dead, we're just busy with other kinds of planning. Here have this:
iifrei8qdn2QN.gif

My own Tails because vanilla's is horrible etc

It's kinda hard to see him under all that vibration ain't it. OH WELL NOT MY FUCKING PROBLEM! <3

Last edited:
Oh, so SRB2TopDown is still in development. i hope to see in the release page soon (maybe as a christmas gift).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=945ASZ6EiUA
Working on this ancient thing again. It's Robo Ruins Zone Act 1 from some time ago.

Changes from the version I previewed back in 2012*:
-All Crawlas and Green Snappers removed. Say hello to this little guy!

ezimba16235437924300.gif

This badnik pretends to be a harmless stone until approached, where it emerges and leaps after the player! There are two other badniks that will appear in this level: a flying one with spikes and a slow-moving one with a simple projectile. They don't exist quite yet.

-Although not much has been done to the layout at this time, there have been a few renovations, most notably the removal of the indoor room after the second star post, and the exit area after the 2D section. Many of the other existing rooms will eventually receive touch-ups, alternate paths and hidden goodies to make the level more interesting.

*I actually started work on this level back in 2011 but the first time I previewed it here was in 2012 if I recall correctly

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back