I mean, when i try to add an addon from the addons menu using Enter, it won't work (absolutely nothing happens). Even when loading from the base directory (for example, bonuschars.kart)!
As far as i know, this was fixed for vanilla 2.2.1.
1.2 should fix this, as far as I know.

Online Troubles

Does anyone know of any US (preferably Midwest) servers that don't require a ton of file downloading? My computer is good, not great, and whenever I try to join a server, the game says I timed out because my computer couldn't download all of the files. I love the game but I just can't play multiplayer.

Edit: I didn't try version 1.2 yet. Maybe that will help.

Edit again: Finally, after installing the 1.2 patch, I can play online multiplayer! I kinda suck and place in the bottom 3 every time but I’ll get there (hopefully)

Last edited:
The link to the Mac download isn't working :( takes me to a 404 not found page on GitHub.

Last edited:
whenever I try to join a server, the game says I timed out because my computer couldn't download all of the files. I love the game but I just can't play multiplayer.

This is a fairly common problem that happens to a lot of people. One thing to note though is that if you timeout while downloading files you can close the game, start it back up and connect to that server again. The download will resume where you timed out so you don't have to start the entire download process over again.

Thank you

This is a fairly common problem that happens to a lot of people. One thing to note though is that if you timeout while downloading files you can close the game, start it back up and connect to that server again. The download will resume where you timed out so you don't have to start the entire download process over again.

Thanks Zombongo, I haven’t been to this thread since I tried 1.2 but it works perfectly. One last thing, we’re the servers down today? I tried going into online multiplayer and it said that I couldn’t connect to the master server.

Thanks Zombongo, I haven’t been to this thread since I tried 1.2 but it works perfectly. One last thing, we’re the servers down today? I tried going into online multiplayer and it said that I couldn’t connect to the master server.

I may be wrong but I believe its an issue with the Master Server. Something about a memory leak and it having to restart periodically? That's what I gathered from a few posts across the board anyway.

Mac Download link

Could someone please fix the Mac Download link??? It just takes me to 404 not found page with no download

Hiya, folks! I just thought I'd make a post to help people who have been having trouble downloading/using OpenGL for the Mac version, since there are quite a few issues with it right now, but they're all fixable!

1. Downloading
The link in the main post to download the Mac version is still broken, but you can still download it by going to the Releases page of the GitHub project: GitHub Link
I can confirm it works on Catalina, too!

2. Additional Characters
Some things don't quite work correctly on the Mac build, in particular the built in Additional Characters.kart pack. The pack is located inside the Application Package, but the game doesn't look there for mods for whatever reason. Instead, it looks in the newly-created "srb2kart" directory in your Home directory (The folder that has your username as its name).

So to move it to where it should be, go to your Applications folder, right click on the game's icon and select "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to /Contents/Resources and you will find the "bonuschars.kart" file! Simply copy & paste this to the "srb2kart" folder in your Home directory and you're set!

3. OpenGL
Since macOS typically only uses one executable per application package, there isn't an obvious way to start the game with OpenGL to use 3D models. Thankfully, forum member Lach found a good solution for this!

Open up a plaintext editor such as CotEdit (TextEdit in macOS is NOT a plaintext editor, so do not use it for this) and type in:

open /Applications/Sonic\ Robo\ Blast\ 2\ Kart.app --args -opengl

Then save the file with the ".command" extension, which is the macOS equivalent to a .bat file. Make sure to check the box in the text editor to allow the code to be executable, and then you can launch the .command file just like any application!

4. Making Things Pretty
Still, launching a bare command line file is pretty tacky-looking, so let's make it look like a normal app!

Start by single-clicking on the command file we just made, and hitting ⌘+I to bring up the Get Info window.

Then, go back to the Applications folder and show the package contents of the game again, but this time we want the "/Content/Resources/Srb2mac.icns" file. Drag this file onto the icon in the top-left of the Get Info window, and presto, the command file now has the same icon as the vanilla application!

If you'd like, you can copy this file to your Applications folder, and it'll look and feel just like any Mac app! (Just don't delete the vanilla SRB2K, since the command file still relies on that, silly!)

-----------------

There you have it, now the game runs exactly as it should! I hope this post was useful, and that you have fun playing! ^_^

I have a question about the the udp port 5029. Is it safe? I'm not really knowledgeable about this and looking that port online seems to already belong to belong to Infobright Database Server.

The 127 mods limit was needed ? Because having to download 60 mods first time online is pain and even more when you use a limited mobile connection(yeah 600MB of mods is a lot)

Last edited:
SRB2 now got an official Android version... SRB2K Android when?
I understand if you dont want to make it. Its probably gonna cause lag in servers as Android doesnt handle SRB2 Online that well, and adapting the controls to touch screens isnt an easy task I imagine, as its impossible to press 3 buttons at the same time on touch.

For those not tuned into our Discord, Version 1.3 is now available! Check the links above.

When I try to download v1.3 It says "it hasn't been downloaded commonly and may be dangerous"

just click more info then run anyway

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

actually i got the same error when downloading the patcher

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back