2.0 Knuckles

Truth be told, there's nothing of value that this really has. I mean, no offense to you or anybody but...why would you want a downgraded Knuckles that has less control then the real one as well as almost no differences whatsoever? And the most important thing, Chuckles has effort. A lot of it. Every single frame looks astounding imo.
I get the feel of porting old stuff, because they're loveable and iconic. 2.0 Knux is neither really. He's not hilariously bad, and he's not ridculously bad, he's just...meh. That's really all it is. "Meh." And 2.1 has really set the bar high up, so "meh" just doesn't cut it anymore.
...Also.
singlepony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRjaFbR1fv4
Just throwing my two cents in there~

I guess it's good to have him for anyone who, mysteriously enough, really does prefer these sprites over our current Knuckles.

I'll download this WAD for laughs. Even considering how much better Chuckles is, Chrispy did pretty good on such a short notice. I'm sure the lines and everything would have been cleaner like his SonicCE, if he had the time.

But, since he didn't, we got Chuckles and his iconic laugh. I think it's kinda funny that Knuckles always got the least attention in the game's development, and now he looks so good everybody's begging for Sonic and Tails to be remade. I think an evolutionary chart is in order.

.... Please. Don't.

Wow, I guess the whole everypony thing is an annoyance to the MLP community?

Enough with pointing out "singlepony" being said in that post guys. As much as you all think it's stupid, some of the responses to it here are equally stupid.

At least people actually noticed it instead of just skimming through the message and finishing all words in their heads.

Oh, and according to that "OVA hat" thing, there's a skin out there named knuxme... And I know ME stands for (a lot of things, including) Marriage Edition, which is version 2.0.X of SRB2.
Why is this wad's skin-name not PrettyKnux? Or ActuallyGoodKnux (which is exactly 16 characters, which is the max amount of characters for a skin name)?

At least people actually noticed it instead of just skimming through the message and finishing all words in their heads.

Oh, and according to that "OVA hat" thing, there's a skin out there named knuxme... And I know ME stands for (a lot of things, including) Marriage Edition, which is version 2.0.X of SRB2.
Why is this wad's skin-name not PrettyKnux? Or ActuallyGoodKnux (which is exactly 16 characters, which is the max amount of characters for a skin name)?
Why isn't uglyknux called 3dspriteknux then ? You don't get the point of it. ME=2.0.x, and this is the knuckles of 2.0.x, so it makes sense. Not everyone thinks that this knux looks better than chuckles, even I think that chuckles looks better(but it's nice to have this wad), and calling him that would confuse everyone.

Maybe because it's not "Actually Good" or "Pretty" to most people from what I've heard. Not to mention how subjective that is, KnuxME describes way better what it actually is.

This and all of your other posts in this thread are seriously the most pretentious things I've read so far in this forum in 2014. It's far worse than everything I've read when Chuckles was confirmed to be in 2.1 back on the 2.1 hype thread. It's just beyond disrespectful.

I seriously don't know what else to tell you. Thanks for telling me you find my dedication with remaking Knuckles completely as a total waste of time.

Thanks for telling me you find my dedication with remaking Knuckles completely as a total waste of time.
And thanks for not understanding I just find the 2.0 Knuckles a lot better-looking than the 2.1 Knuckles, thus I sarcastically/jokingly asked why the skin name was not PrettyKnux or ActuallyGoodKnux, since I like the 2.0 Knuckles, and there is also the UglyKnux thing.

If it was a joke, you are not very good at those. Whenever you release or showcase something in here, I'll make sure to call it ugly as well.

To not stay too off-topic, I never really gave my personal opinion on this. I personally had the best impression when I saw this back in the 2.0 release. I only thought it was weird he had a pink head rather than a red one as always, but hey, I was still happy Knuckles was finally complete.

And thanks for not understanding I just find the 2.0 Knuckles a lot better-looking than the 2.1 Knuckles, thus I sarcastically/jokingly asked why the skin name was not PrettyKnux or ActuallyGoodKnux, since I like the 2.0 Knuckles, and there is also the UglyKnux thing.

Oh don't even try and make that lousy excuse, you ment exactly what you said, don't lie to us! You just wanna spit on 2.1 Knuckles, even though he's way more well drawn than the literal RUSH JOB that 2.0 Knuckles was, from his bizzare gliding frame dreadlocks to his wiggling feet climbing to his obvious headswapped-from-Sonic sprites, everything about 2.0 Knuckles screamed "Fuck, it's been too long, someone needs to actually start working on this." Then they grabbed Chrispy, told him what they wanted, and Chrispy did it as fast as he could. Chrispy's not a bad artist, but its very clear he didn't give this one his all.

Compare that to Chuckles, who syncs up with his genesis counterpart far better than any of the other characters yet. Just compare his gliding and running frames to the genesis Knuckles and while clearly not traced, they sync up quite well. Everything about Chuckles is higher quality, from his posing to his palette choice and his animation. 2.0 Knuckles looks like he was drawn by a teenager into his notebook and then scanned over, while Chuckles looks like he was drawn by an actual artist.

The "draw, scan, and paint" method may have worked for Sonic, Tails, and 2.0 Knuckles but given how Sonic and Tails are confirmed to eventually be updated to far better sprites, and Chuckles is just so much better than 2.0 Knuckles, I can't see myself using 2.0 Knuckles any longer. UglyKnux has been around purely because of legacy reasons, and that "so bad its good" feel of his disgusting model pose rip. SRB1 Sonic was accepted for the same reasons, though with the added novelty of use for SRB1 mode. 2.0 Knuckles may have been around for 4 years, but when you put him between Chuckles and UglyKnux, he's got nothing. He's not very good, he's not that bad, he carries no real legacy, there's noting special to him. He's just BlandKnux. I'll take Chuckles over BlandKnux any day.

And yeah, like we're supposed to tell that your ordinary looking text post was sarcastic. Yeah, I don't buy it for a second.

I have half a mind to post Michael Jackson eating popcorn.

I think you're drawing more from his original comment than there is, and Zero Team's trying to explain himself and failing hilariously in the process.

By standing on the topic I could not say which Knuckles I prefer, this one is SRB2-ish, with old ugly pixels ~By the other side we have Chuckles which is less in the SRB2 pixelated style but way better, he can even break the shields with the top of his head!?

For the skinname I would suggest PixelKnux (even if the 1.09 one is more pixelated, you can't contest it X) )

The 2.0 had the style to leave some pixels at the same color to make changed color characters ugly (looking at you old flying Tails)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back