The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
eqgurls.png

Ok, maybe I'll give it a shot.

Yeah. I highly dislike the character design, but I must admit that the actual scripting and characterization looks pretty nice indeed. It seems to be cheesy teen drama, and that doesn't really interest me very much, but I might give it a shot just to see where they go with it.

I saw the character design compared to the old Doug show on Nickelodeon:
tumblr_mir720IiNs1rb2nw3o1_500.png

But I'm still not convinced this was a good or very effective direction for them to take.

Some time has gone by, and so... I think I'll leave this here...

20130718_212509.jpg

My current pony figure collection. *Kinda hard to see the ones on the flat area.*

20130718_212819.jpg

A overview of the figures on the flat area.
==========
So umm... anyone seen Equestria Girls yet? If so... thoughts? I seen it but sadly it wasn't at a Movie Theater. *Couldn't get a ride and also none of the Movie Theaters near my area weren't showing it.*

I have to say that the overall movie was alright but I think the villain part at the end was a bit of a let down. It was just a "I have the power to take over the world" and such and then it was all over just like that. I'll post more about it at a later time.

Last edited:
After reading all of this thread, I agree, It's quite a good show, but it doesn't compare to Barbie Life in a Dreamhouse. Anyone wanna start a Barbie thread with me? I'll post an image of my Barbie Collection.

Might I also recommend:
Teletubbies
Ruby and Max
Oswald
Little Foot
Little Bear
Franklin, Hey It's
Arthur
Clifford, the Big Red Dog
Explorer, Dora the

Some others I might recommend:
Winnie the Pooh
Bubble Guppies
Wonder Pets
Caillou
Barney
Dragon Tales

I find these Television Programs quite intriguing. Such programs can be beneficial to the male teenager when faced by a set of circumstances in which he finds himself in. Me being 18 years old and going off to college, I feel like as I am watching these shows, I will have better knowledge to solve my problems and graduate with the degree I am pursuing.

This
Ridiculous
Overrated
Little
Lounge
For
Actual
Confused
Entities
Just
Playing
Geez

Last edited:
I'm not against Bronyism in any way shape or form, you can watch MLP all you want. I'd just appriecate if the Bronys that make everything reference MLP, and have MLP avatars, and get together to talk about MLP in a thread, would just cool their jets a little. It's OK to like MLP, but this is becoming an Unhealthy Obsession rather than a hobby.

And I agree that it is socially incorrect for a man to like MLP, but I won't judge you or tell you you can't. Your hobbies are none of my business and it's not my place to judge you while I have my oddities, but I'm entitled to my opinion.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting the impression that the MLP craze has actually died down a bit lately, at least around here anyway. Must be the lack of new episodes or something?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting the impression that the MLP craze has actually died down a bit lately, at least around here anyway. Must be the lack of new episodes or something?

That's probably it. Although, a lot of content both official and fanmade has recently come to revive it.

We have the obvious Equestria Girls film.

There's been this neat thing.

There's the old, less interesting Double Rainboom fan episode.

This silly Youtube easter egg is up and about.

This freaking awesome song.

The middle area between seasons this year has been fairly good. But yes, it's definitely lost momentum for now, and with speculations regarding season 4, especially after Twilight became rainbow sunshine happy wings, who knows where the show's gonna go now? At least it's been a good ride, but like Lucky Star, or Azumanga Daioh, all things come to an end.

Next time, we explore Attack on Titan!

When were they airing Equestria Girls on The Hub, anyway? I could use a laugh, but I'd rather not buy a Blu-Ray or anything, and for reasons I'd rather not go into, I'd rather not watch it on YouTube, either.

People are scared to associate with the fandom nowadays

I like to think it's a combination of people in general finally realizing that watching the show doesn't really necessitate a complete change in lifestyle to "turn everything pony" along with the fact that it's not really a new, crazy weird thing to get into any more. It's reached the point where the average person in the mainstream isn't going to see the collective of "bronies" as all weirdo manchildren or what have you, so watching the show doesn't make you a special snowflake any more.

Plus, with the lack of new episodes, there's not really much to talk about the show, at least at the moment. A pony community I moderate barely talks about ponies any more, even. The fandom as a whole seems to be slowing down in the midst of the between-seasons gap.

(I mean, I'm happy with it. A quieter, less obnoxious fanbase means I can talk about the show occasionally without being thrown in with the weirdos.)

Last edited:
So, the first two episodes of season 4 aired a few days ago and I still care about the childrens horse cartoon.

I happened to quite enjoy it, which is a pleasant surprise as I didn't enjoy most of season 3. Discussion about events and spoilery parts of the episodes below.

I absolutely loved seeing some more detail on Equestria's past. Seeing the birth of Nightmare Moon and the original defeat of Discord was great.

Speaking of Discord, I'm also very happy to see he has become a full on recurring character now, judging by his appearance in the opening.

I also really liked that the first moral they covered in this season was based on the problems of Princess Twilight now being more important than everyone else.

Obligatory episode related pony pic
medium.gif

The only thing I have to add about the Season 4 debut is that it's hilarious that almighty alicorn Twilight still hasn't quite gotten used to her new wings.

I'm also looking forward to the episode where the fact that Scootaloo cannot fly is fully examined. There's quite a few ways that particular episode could go, and while I certainly think some of those ways are better than others, I'll just keep quiet until that episode airs.

My room-mate got me into the show, by the way. It's better than I thought.

Last edited:
When were they airing Equestria Girls on The Hub, anyway? I could use a laugh, but I'd rather not buy a Blu-Ray or anything, and for reasons I'd rather not go into, I'd rather not watch it on YouTube, either.
I don't have the hub so I watch all the episodes on DailyMotion. Pretty convenient.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Speaking of Season Finales... Swag.mov was released a few days ago. It concludes the hilarious Pony.mov series created by Max Gilardi. In case you haven't heard of it, you're in for a treat if you're a fan (or just vaguely knowledgeable) of MLP:FIM. I'm not going to link to it here, but it's up on YouTube if you want to see it.
I really don't like Pony.mov videos. I liked shed.mov and apples.mov, but that was it.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but that thing's pretty old. It's been there since what, November-December?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back