[v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul

[Open Assets] [v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul 1.3.4

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
This is what the srb2 community needed!
absolutely
Double Edit = I Added My Own Animation.
4zlug3z.gif

Last edited:
So fun! But there is a problem..

First off I want to say I love everything you've done with this mod. The lack of running momentum in the base game always bugged me, and the new additions of ability tweaks, forms, and even aesthetic tweaks are all really cool and unique. Would love to see all of this added to the next update of the game. Great job overall! I just keep encountering a problem with the trick system.. Whenever I try to do tricks off a ramp or a spring, the trick system works incorrectly. The sparks don't come out, it makes no sound, and if I miss-time my landing, I don't get that trip animation, or the speed boost if I land correctly. ALSO, whenever I attempt to do a trick, it disables me from being able to use the spin button for the rest of my playthrough.. So I can't spindash, spin attack, descend while super, or anything that involves the spin button lol. It just stops working entirely, unless I reset to the main menu, then the same issue just happens again next time I try to trick. I am not sure if this is because I am playing on mac with a controller, but just wanted to let you know! I checked and haven't seen anyone else with this problem..

This "fail trick" will OF COURSE be on my character.
No Exceptions, it will be, and there's nothing that will change my mind.
(ok, talking about the mod that i already played a lot of times, Loved it, awesome and wonderful job Frostii)

Attachments

• srb20068.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 636
First off I want to say I love everything you've done with this mod. The lack of running momentum in the base game always bugged me, and the new additions of ability tweaks, forms, and even aesthetic tweaks are all really cool and unique. Would love to see all of this added to the next update of the game. Great job overall! I just keep encountering a problem with the trick system.. Whenever I try to do tricks off a ramp or a spring, the trick system works incorrectly. The sparks don't come out, it makes no sound, and if I miss-time my landing, I don't get that trip animation, or the speed boost if I land correctly. ALSO, whenever I attempt to do a trick, it disables me from being able to use the spin button for the rest of my playthrough.. So I can't spindash, spin attack, descend while super, or anything that involves the spin button lol. It just stops working entirely, unless I reset to the main menu, then the same issue just happens again next time I try to trick. I am not sure if this is because I am playing on mac with a controller, but just wanted to let you know! I checked and haven't seen anyone else with this problem..

Are you sure you're using the most recent release of srb2? If not, you have to for it to work properly. Otherwise, this IS a issue that should be figured out.

Are you sure you're using the most recent release of srb2? If not, you have to for it to work properly. Otherwise, this IS a issue that should be figured out.

Yeah I realized I hadn't downloaded the newest update. It's working perfectly fine now lol my bad. I appreciate it!

I haven't done much with most of the cast, but Amy is incredibly fun to play. Almost overpowered in a sense. She has basically every good quality you'd want I'm a character. Forward speed augmentation, vertical augmentation, momentum redirect, the character is crazy. I've put a bit of time in and have even been able to clear GFZ1 in sub 10 seconds and ACZ1 in sub 30. It's really cool just getting to see what she can do.

On the flip side, playing Knuckles feels atrocious. Having a low vertical jump, maintaining speed is almost impossible. Likewise, not being able to maintain speed after landing hurts. I've seen the idea thrown around and would be interested to see Knuckles play with being able to cancel his landing animation/face plant into a roll, especially since you can uncurl right away.

Otherwise, great work on this. Am having a lot of fun and will be spending more time attempting runs.

Okaaaay. I think there's a bug of some kind with Xmomentum regarding Super Sonic. I initially thought this only affected Almost Super Sonic and his hover ability, but no, even normal Sonic when going super has lost the ability to float in the air. Why is that? I would have thought Super Sonic would still be able to fly like how he can in SRB2 normal.

Okaaaay. I think there's a bug of some kind with Xmomentum regarding Super Sonic. I initially thought this only affected Almost Super Sonic and his hover ability, but no, even normal Sonic when going super has lost the ability to float in the air. Why is that? I would have thought Super Sonic would still be able to fly like how he can in SRB2 normal.

I think that was intentional. I'm pretty sure the flying ability is now hyper sonic exclusive in this mod.

Is it now? I think that kind of sucks in a way. Like, Super Sonic could have still had his normal flying ability while Hyper Sonic has one that gives him far more control over his flying than Super Sonic does. As free flying plus the dash ability make Hyper Sonics flight feel unique compared to Super Sonics.

That kind of silly... Super Sonic's flight isn't nearly the same thing as Hyper Sonic's. Super's is just a hover. Hyper's can move up or down, or burst forward. It's way more powerful.

Exactly. Which is why I feel Super Sonic should still be able to use it, as Hyper Sonics more powerful one already makes him feel different enough from Super Sonic there. Then there's Almost Super Sonics version which is like a weaker version of Super Sonic as he always goes down when using it. Yet he's blocked from it as well.

Exactly. Which is why I feel Super Sonic should still be able to use it, as Hyper Sonics more powerful one already makes him feel different enough from Super Sonic there. Then there's Almost Super Sonics version which is like a weaker version of Super Sonic as he always goes down when using it. Yet he's blocked from it as well.

I feel you man, but who knows, maybe in an update it will be changed. Guess we can only wait and see. I personally didn't mind the change, but I definitely think you have a point. Regardless it's still an amazing mod that I feel improves the game overall.

HA I'LL BE WAITING HERE UNTIL CMAN GETS A HYPER PATCH!
I'll Be Waiting
& waiting
& waiting
& waiting
& waiting& waiting
& waiting
& waiting
& waiting
& waiting
& waiting
& waiting
& waiting
& waiting& waiting& waiting
& waiting
& waiting& waiting& waiting
& waiting
& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting& waiting

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back