New Netgame Launcher - Updated 21 Jul

Status
Not open for further replies.
aaronkfmaster said:
The Net Luancher won't work for me, it says...

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)."

What does that mean?
You need to download the .NET Framework Version 2.0.

In response to the above points:
  • Integrating with a DB isn't too difficult, except that we don't have one.
  • Checking whether you have the necessary files is tricky, because the logic SRB2 uses to search for files is somewhat intricate and is also SLOW if you have a large directory tree and don't have the file.
  • Filters are a good idea.
  • I chose colour-coding because it was easier to implement. It's also a bit easier to tell at a glance which servers are modified this way, but has the big disadvantage of not meaning anything if you haven't read the docs.
  • This point was raised elsewhere, but I don't intend to add features for hosting games. There are tools that do that adequately already, and since seeing the list of running servers when hosting is irrelevant (or nearly so) when hosting, it's better that they be kept separate.
  • The player-colour thing is almost certainly an SRB2 bug, but I haven't tested it.

This is amazing. Yet again, Oogaland releases yet another useful tool for SRB2. Great job. Maybe you can have a setting where you can change what master server it reads or something.

Which reminds me... What ever happened to that SRB2 Launcher SSNTails was working on?

Penopat said:
This is amazing. Yet again, Oogaland releases yet another useful tool for SRB2. Great job. Maybe you can have a setting where you can change what master server it reads or something.
Thank you. :) In version 2.1, you can set the MS address and port in the Options dialogue.

Penopat said:
Which reminds me... What ever happened to that SRB2 Launcher SSNTails was working on?
It's on the SVN, but it seems it hasn't been touched in quite a while.

Wow this is awesome, Now all we need to do is port this to SRB2 so we can see this kind of stuff with a "View wads" option, if that's possible.

EDIT:
Oogaland said:
Penopat said:
It's on the SVN, but it seems it hasn't been touched in quite a while.

Really, cause I can get it then! I'm getting a subversion client tomorrow.

My computer wont install the .NET Framework. It just does that "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly." It'll work on my brothers eMachines, but it doesn't have enough disk space to do it >.>.

sonicfreak94 said:
My computer wont install the .NET Framework. It just does that "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly." It'll work on my brothers eMachines, but it doesn't have enough disk space to do it >.>.
I had a quick look into that error and it seems that it's not a normal occurrence. Something funny must be afoot. My best suggestion is to try uninstalling v2.0 of the Framework (but not any earlier versions you might have) if it got far enough to allow you to do so, and then to try the steps described here to clean things up, after which you might be able to install it successfully.

When I click the "Download" button in the link, a pop-up shows up saying...

" The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. "

Now what?

aaronkfmaster said:
When I click the "Download" button in the link, a pop-up shows up saying...

" The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. "

Now what?
Which link? All my own links work for me, as does the .NET download. I had some trouble downloading the .NET removal tool that I linked to above, but you shouldn't need that unless you're getting exactly the error that sonicfreak94 described above.

Been waiting a while for this.

For some reason, I though SSN Would make it...

luis90 said:
Been waiting a while for this.

For some reason, I though SSN Would make it...
I think he was working on a more fully-featured launcher at one point, but I don't believe he's worked on it in a while. I really made this for the learning experience more than anything else. If SSN finishes his launcher, it'll supersede this.

Regardless of being late, here's a suggestion:

Most people don't use descriptive server names. I can be generally imposable to tell what exactly is going on from a a server name like "MATCH!!!", when that information is already supplied under game type.

Add a function to display the name of the host (node 0) and possibly other players in the game. The people play just as much a role in the game as the wads do.

It would be nice if this had some of the options from the other launcher... You know, so that this could fully replace it.

Oogaland I've tried the SRB2MS launcher but I'm having a problem with it. It keeps on saying a connection attempt failed because the connected party didn't respond after a period of time.

You either have the program blocked because of the firewall, have something different than "srb2.servegame.org : 28900", or you're temporarily banned from the Mater Server.

It crashes because of the 1.1 beta test servers. I haven't seen Oogaland on irc for a few days. I would have reported this to him a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back