This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Got some bug fixes done, just going to gather them up after a few days to make sure I get the majority that I am able to fix at present, then push v1.1

I'm pretty sure this mod was released because it's currently mid October and to that I say that's some nice timing there because I was worried that nothing special was going to happen in October.

I thought I'd never see this guy come to SRB2. I heard various times it cancelled. Well, guess I was wrong.

I remember you posted in editing thread about struggling with Tails Doll's tails not aligning properly. Well, they still don't if you grab a bubble.
Also it's quite troublesome that Tails Doll is neither a "spindash" character, nor a "floor-breaking" character (I honestly beleived he could break floors with his "defensive electric field", however small it is)

Attachments

• srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,120
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    3.9 MB · Views: 692
I remember you posted in editing thread about struggling with Tails Doll's tails not aligning properly. Well, they still don't if you grab a bubble.
Also it's quite troublesome that Tails Doll is neither a "spindash" character, nor a "floor-breaking" character (I honestly beleived he could break floors with his "defensive electric field", however small it is)

Thanks for catching that tail misalignment, I'll try to figure out which set that is and fix it (thinking an angle must have a bad number, either that or I somehow missed that from the back during testing)

And yeah, he was supposed to be able to break the floors but I couldn't quite get that to work without the Gunslinger ability proper. I'll need to take another shot at that. Might be able to pull it off when crawl is added

Bugs that I am going to fix for version 1.1:

-Making Spark sound play once per button press, and removing the sound in case I can't
-Getting Spark to hit the floor too, or adding a stomp that does so
-Gasp Tail fix
-Targetting system fixed so it only shows for Tails Doll

Bugs I can't figure out at present but will push a patch for on figuring out:

-The Nanite Bomb/Burst targetting Springs

Bugs that will be fixed on the next full version:

-Instant death if jumping near gaps (will be fixed with addition of crawl)

New additions planned:

-New run sprites for Super Tails Doll (provided I can get MT_TAILSOVERLAY to play nice)
-Crawl to get under spin gaps - Will be assigned to Custom 1
-MIDI version of Super music

Future possible additions:

-Possible Super Turret ability with 2 to 5 rings drained a second instead of 1 (balance pending) while in use, which prevents all/99% of all movement but basically turns you into a machine gun
-More taunts

If you spot any new bugs, let me know so I can fix it. Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see added (beyond more spook) and I'll give it a look

Last edited:
So I am now convinced that the Tails Doll Curse is real

To figure out why he is dying when next to a gap and jumping, I removed every lua script, every excess soc script, every bit of music, sfx, and extra sprites, and even copied the S_SKIN from Neo Sonic

Tails Doll still dies jumping next to a spin gap

EDIT: It's literally ABILITY2 causing the issues. Except not exactly as a direct copy of Amy's S_SKIN still leads to him dying

I... Are the dimensions of sprites causing this?

EDIT 2: Alright, looks like it's literally hardcoded behaviour in the game. IE I'd need to make a Lua script that somehow bypasses literal hard coded data to fix this issue

Time for a bug report because the crushing death is literally a bug I can't fix

Last edited:
So I am now convinced that the Tails Doll Curse is real

To figure out why he is dying when next to a gap and jumping, I removed every lua script, every excess soc script, every bit of music, sfx, and extra sprites, and even copied the S_SKIN from Neo Sonic

Tails Doll still dies jumping next to a spin gap

It's not dying. It's just trying to jump through your computer monitor to tear your face off. Was nice knowing you.

Was able to fix it - There was a setting to force the Spin height to 48 so he literally can not fit in a gap anymore. Still ridiculous it happened though

Bug fixes now up. Unless more bugs that need fixing come up or I learn of a way to remove the spring targetting, next version will be V.2.0

EDIT: ...And working on v1.2 a bug I squashed decided to pop up in a new location

Last edited:
Question.

Could you please make Tails doll to not lose momentum when shoot?
because... man, the CEZ Boss was horrible.

This is a really great mod but I would suggest fixing his head for some angles. The front face looks good but the side ones look awkward looking. I hope this gets changed in a near future. But this mod is still really awesome.

Question.

Could you please make Tails doll to not lose momentum when shoot?
because... man, the CEZ Boss was horrible.

I did it for balance reasons but it's starting to become a common complaint. I'll get rid of it the next version

This is a really great mod but I would suggest fixing his head for some angles. The front face looks good but the side ones look awkward looking. I hope this gets changed in a near future. But this mod is still really awesome.

Awkward how? May need more explanation on this

Quick Edit: Also, I'll be adding some more movement options. Not just the crawl, but also replacing the invisible foot spark with a rapid descent that can break bustable floor FOFs, to help with how bad his ability to descend quickly through liquids can be

Last edited:
Oh hey, it's that guy everyone forgets about in their wake hours, but secretly haunts them in their dreams at night. Of course, nobody remembers him. But, somehow he always ends up... in their dreams...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back