smsblast for srb2 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for him?
I'm leaving this topic open, because it can serve as discussion for why SMSblast will/won't work. So that means you guys are NOT ALLOWED to say "lol sms sucks slol". You have to give reasons why this stuff will not work if you decide to take the opposition.

The only real features of SMSBlast are the turbo boost button and the shield switch button. Both of which aren't much useful.

Probably SMS is just joking.
It isn't possible for someone keep going with something that's hated by everyone.
But I want Sonic Overdrive back! D= Being overpowered is fun.

Was not a big fan of smsblast since it was just a couple of features added in which still were not really that great.

Probably SMS is just joking.
It isn't possible for someone keep going with something that's hated by everyone.
But I want Sonic Overdrive back! D= Being overpowered is fun.

... Plenty of people hate Windows, and it keeps going. And plenty of people hate OS X, and it keeps going as well.

And I actually DID like SMS, it really wasn't bad. At least it had some effort in it, unlike a lot of other recolors.

As long as he uses a different VERSION and SUBVERSION number, I could care less what he does.

He can make SMSBlast for 2.0, by all means let him. But, it will not be allowed on the master server, because the source has to be either here or on the SRB2 subversion server, it being on the SVN is impossible because Alam or Logan won't allow it, and no staff here can resist trashing an SMS release. AND it has to NOT be the same version number as the main release, which the old version didn't do.

hm...i have mix'd feelings. the wad was fun but it got REALLY annoying after a while. but why do i care, it's his decision.

I wasn't aware SMS knew C, to be honest.

He's gonna have a long job to bring back everything he has in 1.09.4.

If he actually gives it good features, and doesn't just use it as an alternative to socs for overpowering SMS, which is actually pretty doubtful, it could be good release. I personally hope he's just messing with the noobs in saying he's remaking it.

I'm sure the Doom Engine can't support those effects.
If he finally gave up and used ordinary Sonic in this "SMS Unleashed" thing, it may be good, providing he isn't faking it.
If I were you, I would take this with a grain of salt.

Well I know for a fact flame spin doesn't work in 2.0 without programming. (Random SOC shield bug type thing)

To dig up a Youtube PM he sent me...

As said in the SMSunleashed readme, Eggman891 made this exe, because I'm not so superskilled at coding myself. (Got his permission to release, by the way)

Also like to point out I looked through some of the comments to that and
SuperMysticSonic said:
Actually, I didn`t consider it my own work. The exe is Eggman891`s, as said in both description and in the credits of the readme. The SRB2 2.0 exe will probably be by me alone, however, unless stated otherwise in the credits.
Also, it seems everyone dislikes him because the wad is overpowered. I loved the wad when I first started playing, because it was my first step to adjusting to playing as Sonic. While now I never use him, I think being overpowered can be good for newbies to help them handle things better. And if I remember correctly, one of his wads actually powered up a lot of robots in-game to decrease the over-powered SMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back