MetalRobotnik.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senku Niola

Drifting Golden Swordsman
This wad was created from cleaned up official sprites and placed in the best offsets and frame placement I could to find to result a playable Metal Robotnik that seemed to work right, so I know this is sorta a sprite rip and am ready to accept any criticism about it. (Please note this wad has been in my SRB2 folder for a few months now)

Now I know what you are thinking, it's a big bulky boring character, well you are right and wrong, it is big bulky and slow. Although, it has a different ability from other characters, a "High Jump": jump then quickly tap and hold jump again to go into high jump mode, let go when you feel like falling; you are vulnerable in this ability for the most part. It can't spindash obviously. This wad can also change colors pretty much just fine other than the "Cyan bug" and the few dark spots on it which I'm guessing are from left over model shades or something.

The only major bug with it currently is the multiplayer character switch crash. The only "fix" for it is to open the console and change the skin via "skin metalrobotnik".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugs:

1. I R Too Big 4 Netplay: Multiplayer Selector Bug (SRB2 Issue)
  2. The Bigger I Get The Smaller I Get: Scaling makes him disappear (SRB2 Issue)
  3. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee: Gravity/water effects high jump too much. (SRB2 Issue)

Go have fun!

Report any bugs you find with the wad, thank you.

Screenshot:
srb20006.png

Attachments

• MetalRobotnik.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 3,795
Last edited:
Even if this and the Eggmobile that Neo released are just SRB2's sprites applied to an s_skin, both offer unique play styles. However, the recurring problem is that of hitboxes; I truly hope that in a future version of SRB2, we'll be able to control how large a character's hitbox is. Other minor gripes, half of which are impossible to correct in the current version, include "he's running too fast aaaaa", "he should be permanently invincible except for his head and kill enemies by stepping on them", "the sound of his super jump is annoying fix it :(", and "why does he collect rings, he should pound them into the ground with his massive feet".

Can we please change Brak's sprites to these for 2.1?

This is easily one of the most hilarious character wads I've played. I don't think I've seen a funnier character wad since HMS123311 (with voice) himself. Grade-A humor.

It looks good, I will test it right now.
Hey, about the change via "skin metalrobotnik", there is some way to fix it? because i have the same problems with some of my chars.

I was thinking about a solution to the skin change thing. Maybe the name is too long? Why not juat go with Brak?

I downloaded it. This wad seems a bit familiar for some reason. Good ability though with this.

Ok.I've got something to say about the wad.Looks good, but the cape is missing two.But it looks good.

Last edited:
Nice wad! I like how can Metal Robotnik fly...it took me some time to figure that out, heh.

But I wonder...what constructive criticism should I post? Oh well, can't think of anything right now...

Lol. This is one of my favorite chars to use in Srb2 2.0.4! But it crashes the game when you select him in multiplayer!

Good

This WAD Character is good 100% and are cool when he gets a Shield and stay enter his Legs.I like it!

The shield that stays in his legs or covers his butt when he uses his ability... I get thats not something fixable for now. But in the selection screen it says being "big" is actually good while its just big sprites... Your still getting crushed the game, you can enter small places (and it looks wierd when he does that) and theres something you can actually fix: why don't you use the sprites from the char selection on his running sprites? It looks alot more cooler than just stepping faster... Which also looks wierd for a robot made by eggman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back