[Open Assets] Shards from XSRB2 (shards.pk3)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Tatsuru

2.3 will have menus
Sonic Team Junior
Here I am once again bringing you another game mode you never asked for (or did you)? Enter Shards from Inuyasha's XSRB2, straight from the 2.0 era.

The script overrides Match, although it can be played on any map where Emeralds spawn. Jewel Shards will start spawning all over the map, and the only way to score is to collect at least one of them. Holding on to one Shard grants you one point per second; two Shards award two points per second, and so on. However, Shards are very fragile, so being hit drops all your Shards even if you have a shield, and they disappear very quickly when they're dropped. Fight other players to take their Shards and hold on to them for the longest time to win.

Changes from the original Shards game mode:
- The score is no longer displayed as a timer.
- The Shards' sprites were made more visible, appear at full brightness and play a sound when they appear nearby so they're easier to find.

Attachments

• srb20019.gif
    srb20019.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 783
  • shards.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
I just updated the script fixing a few nasty error messages. Be sure to get the script again if you haven't (boy I should really consider testing my Multiplayer scripts in Multiplayer)!

Attachments

• shards.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 206
Can there be a toggle to use the timer instead of score?
The script uses the vanilla score variable for displaying the score, so if the pointlimit cvar is set, the score will be counted for ending the match. I believe disabling it and setting the timelimit cvar instead should work.

That unless you mean that the "score" could be displayed in the form of a timer like in the original Shards gametype. I did think of reproducing the score as a timer, but that would mean redrawing the entire scoreboard HUD to accomodate it, and I think that would be too much of a hassle, at least for now (when I think of a way to do it). Other than that, the scoring works in the same way as it worked in XSRB2.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back