• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Golden Traveler's Easel of Artistry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senku Niola

Drifting Golden Swordsman
NGFZROCK.png

SPRBA0.gif
TRETA1.gif
TRETA1.png
TRTBA1.png
SHCKA0.gif
MiniCrawla.gif

Last edited:
I am really fond of all the sprites in here... specially that mini crawla, it's just so tiny and adorable. The GFZ texture is also really nicely detailed, it's pretty nice how you managed to make such a simple wall texture that basically involves squares to look so well made.

The sentry gun in there is also looking pretty neat, although it could really use some better detailing over that outline, given that leaving it completely black pretty much leaves it somewhat out of style, compared to everything else in the game. I take it that you based it on the original sprites, but still.

Last edited:
S-Senku?! You've returned? (And what a good way to come back after being gone for most of 2.1) I do like the sprites, I just hope there is a good need for the Sonic 2 springs since srb2 has an automatic way of handling springs.

Wow I'm really impressed by that GFZROCK texture,I wonder how it would look like on actual GFZ.

That Crawla is giving me a Super Mario Bros. 3 Micro-Goomba vibe. It'd be pretty interesting if someone made it into an enemy like that.
The springboard feels a little small, but the point was probably staying faithful to the original.
Great job, though, the sprites are really nice.

It'd be nice if you posted a spritesheet rather than animated gifs so we could get a closer look

Also that cute Mini-Crawla, I wanna see Red Crawlas explode into bundles of those when you pop one.

I don't think contrast means what you think it means. The contrast on the texture itself is not even strong.

Google said:
The state of being strikingly different from something else, typically something in juxtaposition or close association.
In game, the texture looks strikingly different from itself surrondings. So yes. That's what I meant.

Last edited:
In game, the texture looks strikingly different from itself surrondings. So yes. That's what I meant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_(vision)
It's almost as if words can have more than a single meaning, and even if we go by your definition, it STILL doesn't make sense. The textures look strikingly different from what? all the other exact same textures? maybe you meant the grass? no, it can't be that, since that's what Arcade Gamer pointed out and you said he was wrong. So what is it then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_(vision)
It's almost as if words can have more than a single meaning, and even if we go by your definition, it STILL doesn't make sense. The textures look strikingly different from what? all the other exact same textures? maybe you meant the grass? no, it can't be that, since that's what Arcade Gamer pointed out and you said he was wrong. So what is it then?

Well originally, I was going off of my memory and said the texture itself looked kind of strong to itself so I had to change the post a little.

I dunno, I was half asleep.

Contrast is a measure of how saturated the colors are and how much the brightest shade differs from the darkest shade. To my knowledge, nothing has changed in this regard.

I think it would be more appropriate to say that Senku's texture has a bolder border around the individual squares, which gives the texture a more pronounced appearance ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back