srb20259.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 993
  • srb20267.gif
    srb20267.gif
    3 MB · Views: 1,050
  • combiring.lua
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,865
Last edited:
It's good for what it is as a start, maybe for a laugh when fucking around for 8 minutes or so. But eventually you realize it needs work in many aspects to make it actually polished and legitimately fun for real gameplay.

Not to say I didn't enjoy it at all though. After all, it's what I've been wishing someone would do for about 6 years already. :V

FortunateHandyBarb.gif

SimplisticGrouchyCygnet.gif

ibf7B8ZqVeqYL.gif

Last edited:
But eventually you realize it needs work in many aspects to make it actually polished and legitimately fun for real gameplay.

Would you mind being more specific? I mean, of course it's not very practical, but working around this new limitation is part of the point. The only real issues I have with it are some minor visual bugs.

Players using abilities and springing shouldn't be able to be pulled down (rather only pull people up to them), it should be far easier to pull players to you than you get pulled back to them when actively moving (which helps the team actually move forward better), the elasticity could be higher, getting pulled completely prevents you from jumping or spinning most of the time (makes spinning to halt all players' bands entirely useless, considering by the time you get to stop and do so everyone is most likely stopped and fine already) which is a bit aggravating, and the chain pulls you off the floor far too early when it should probably only resort to that near the very end of it's band (this prevents the fun possibilities of using band-tension to make some high jumps) . Breaking the chain to no-clip to the players should probably be possible at the cost of rings. Lastly, judging from the Top Down gif, it's length probably needs to be doubled or something.

I mean like, it seems the combi is doing everything it can against your favor, rather than being helpful like it was in say: Sonic Classic Heroes. It should be fun, not tedious and tight.

Never said this wasn't good for what it is, he made it for fun in 10 minutes IIRC, literally. Just suggesting what could actually make it better, my two (twenty, I mean god damn look at all those suggestions!) cents. It's reusable anyways, so anyone can improve it if they wanted to which isn't a problem.

An option to also pick up your partners with the spin button and throw them would be nice.

Last edited:
What I recommend to everybody if you're gonna use this in a big group, go into the console and type in, "cam_dist 300". It's a perfect view to see everybody and what they are doing.

srb20158.gif

A solution to this could be a command that links someone to you instead of everyone being linked to you.
If it is possible through lua, the command could be like this;
combi_link Sonic(Value 1-Player Name) Tails(Value 2-Player Name)
Hope this helps.

A solution to this could be a command that links someone to you instead of everyone being linked to you.
If it is possible through lua, the command could be like this;
combi_link Sonic(Value 1-Player Name) Tails(Value 2-Player Name)
Hope this helps.

Everyone being tethered to you is intentional.

That's only because you suck. :y Bind your 2P controls and start practicing one player two controller strats

This script is... interesting... But i feel a "snap to" feature should be included along with this... Getting stuck between walls can get tedious, and in some situations I just want to end the damn level because either inpatient people (like me) try to shortcut and get us stuck between walls, which breaking free means you have to rely on gravity and tethering to actually change and take control of different characters... or telling said player to suicide to snap place near you. It just makes it less fair in a 3 live start game as well.

It'd be a shame if i told you i applied this to Chaotix characters' skins.

It's like having a Chaotix mode over here and not being able to upload it just because hell this is not my stuff.

OH, the original combi doesn't ignore walls. Just saying.

AND THEN... Let there be no life if this happened to Sonic and Amy.
On the side note, grat's. We now have a useless no privacy rule. Just joking.
I would recommend a custom button to link the players you want to be stuck to you and to be freed from the combi ring.
Overall, great job! C:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back