Broken Nets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having problems with my browsers quite a bit. I'll be on a site and go to the next page and get the "page cannot be found" and other such errors basically meaning my internet is messed up. I've tried going from Firefox to IE and both have the same message no matter what site I go to as if I've lost connection with my router, yet if I have torrents downloading, they're still downloading and my other internet related programs such as IRC and Weather Channel Desktop work perfectly fine. Sometimes if I just close Firefox and wait for a while it'll start working again but 95% of the time I have to restart my computer to do anything other than talk in IRC or continue downloading stuff. This is a DAILY occurrence so it's become really annoying and I'm just wondering if anyone knows what could be wrong.

Thanks in advance for reading that wall of text and any help or suggestions you can provide.

tl;dr

This happened to me a few years back. I could use stuff like MSN, but IE would refuse to load any page. I simply thought it was a virus, got my computer hard drive formatted, and all was right with the world. But I doubt it was a virus, and I eventually settled that my modem had given up the ghost. The same thing kept happening over and over.

I am looking at your router, but we can't jump to conclusions just yet, as everything else seems to work...

Thank god it hasn't happened to me since.

(I was using XP Pro SP1)

Oh god I thought you were Omega.

Lol, yeah check the nick I'm not quite Omega. Hmmm...either way it's not my router because it happens at both my mom's house where I have Comcast on a Netgear Router and at my dad's where I have DSL on a Westell so it must be my laptop.

XsoniccoreX (814) said:
Lol, yeah check the nick I'm not quite Omega.

The point of avatars is that you can easily tell who's posting just by looking at the picture and recognizing who it belongs to. I just think you need a more original avatar. Stealing someone's artwork, creating a jagged transparency from it, and then pointlessly tacking on a meme is so cookie-cutter that it's not even funny. ;P

FoxBlitzz said:
XsoniccoreX (814) said:
Lol, yeah check the nick I'm not quite Omega.

The point of avatars is that you can easily tell who's posting just by looking at the picture and recognizing who it belongs to. I just think you need a more original avatar. Stealing someone's artwork, creating a jagged transparency from it, and then pointlessly tacking on a meme is so cookie-cutter that it's not even funny. ;P

We laughed at HMS123311 though...he was just a Super Shadow that had random squiggly lines and a weird looking mouth, and some random story attached to it.

*shrug* Lots of people here take existing Sonic artwork and crop it, etc. to make an avatar. What's the difference?

SSNTails said:
*shrug* Lots of people here take existing Sonic artwork and crop it, etc. to make an avatar. What's the difference?
This is the general basis of any noobish fanchar.

Okay...regarding my avy, BlueZero4's got it. I drew it, I didn't rip it from DBP. It's from a fan comic I did for Omega, so yes, I can draw it myself. :P returned FoxBlitzz.

Believe me or not here's the comic it's from. (language)
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f97/aild572/DBP/xdbpx814.jpg

If it's that hard to recognize who I am, I'll change it.

All that aside, I started this to try to get help with a problem I'm having with my internet, not be accused of plagiarism. Back on topic plz.

(And Chaos...you misquoted in your sig. :P I said that lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back