Pokémon Sun & Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to scanning my Dino chargers, I was able to get a Chickorita!

Wait a minute. Where did you get one? also is it possible to get the other Johto starters?

anyways, i'm wondering if it's possible to transfer pokemon from ORAS to Sun and Moon.

Cxj0N4eUQAAPyoh.jpg:large

My second encounter in the whole game was a shiny Yungoos! The only other shiny I've ever encountered in the wild was a Hypno way back in SoulSilver. I'm giving this one to DrTapeworm because I'm not a big Yungoos fan and I think he'd enjoy it more

Last edited:
Anyways, I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer Pokémon from ORAS to Sun and Moon.

Yeah, when January comes, there'll be an update to Pokémon Bank to support Sun & Moon.

Oh my gosh the presentation values in these games. Also everything else. It's really good. I hope to post back here soon once I begin the postgame.

Wait a minute. Where did you get one? also is it possible to get the other Johto starters?

anyways, i'm wondering if it's possible to transfer pokemon from ORAS to Sun and Moon.
Route 2 after doing an island scan (doable after 10 QR Code scans, and my Dino chargers all have codes on them.)

Well, I just beat the game (at least, become champion) and I really enjoyed it. Plot was better than expected, as well, although I do personally miss the gym structure over what they did here, although I definitely see what they're going for. My main gripe is that I really wish they'd be a bit more subtle about pushing me in the direction I need to go. I don't like NPCs blocking me off to get me to go towards the next objective and would vastly prefer they use more organic hazards like rocks and water to block me off until I have the ability to pass them. At least there's nothing remotely like the "power outage" in XY. =P

As to the long-term interest, we'll have to see how things shake out. I liked 6th gen a lot better than 5th, but it'll take a while before we know if anything's blatantly OP like 5th and 6th gens.

They did a lot of nerfing to quite a few things this gen, to the point where Gengar doesn't even have Levitate anymore and Gale Wings only works if the user is at full HP... though time will definitely tell if there's anything truly ridiculous going on with other 'mons or especially the Ultra Beasts.

At some point I'm going to breed a Mimikyu that relies on Z-Splash to get a three-stage attack boost in an attempt to sweep. Apparently Life Orb with Swords Dance does more damage, but I'm going to be using Life Orb on a different 'mon and I just like the overall silliness of Mimikyu splashing around before suddenly ripping things to shreds. That alone will keep me playing Sun and Moon for a good while as much as I did with gen 6, or at least until I can transfer 'mons there to help out with breeding other things.

Last edited:
Chiming in with my opinion now that I've finished the main game:

The storyline's way better than any of the other mainline games. Even BW which were my favorites. I'm mostly just happy to see them really shake up their regular formula; the storyline finally doesn't end two major challenges before the credits roll! And while a lot of the game was a pushover as per usual, the final fight was actually quite a challenge. I think I used every Max Revive the game gave to me just to flounder through it. Also, it was nice not to need one or two HM slaves taking up party slots to get around everywhere, even if I ended up with way too many rides that were only useful in one or two spots in the game. (I spent half the game riding on Stoutland's back for those sweet hidden items tho)

I wasn't quite a fan of how arbitrarily the game blocked you out of things at times, especially early on. (The handholding didn't bother me for the most part, because I feel like I would've gotten lost a lot without the flags to string me along.) I also think the game ran a bit cutscene heavy at times, most notably how the final fight was proceeded by nearly an hour of cutscenes (with one short encounter thrown in there) before the credits rolled. Granted, I wasn't clicking through the text particularly quickly, but the ending still dragged on way longer than it needed to. And the game was really bad at how it handed out its auto-heals; half the time I'd fly back to a center to heal up before going in somewhere (or use up my items :[) only for the game to heal me anyway at the door, or get an invisible auto-heal right before that I didn't notice. Finally, the pacing toward the end felt really rushed-along, with NPCs handling you the remaining Z-crystals like candy to fill a quota.

Overall I liked the game way more than the 6th generation games. Particularly ORAS which I didn't even finish.

If the rumors about a third version for Switch are true, it's definitely enough to make that console a day-one purchase for me. Maybe the game can actually run decently on that hardware lol?

Also, once you've beaten the ghost trial, go get a Mimikyu. The ability is so great for regular encounters; even though I was only two-shotting most things, damage wasn't a concern because of its ability.

Ib8Ceb5.png
<= lesbian poke-harem

Last edited:
B9fLG04.png
I finally did it. It took 97 hours of gameplay, but I did it! I will cherish my shiny charm forever.

After 12 FUCKING HOURS of sos chaining I finally got one! On the bright side at least it had its hidden ability.
EWImMwV.jpg

I still gave it the middle finger when finally appeared though.

So, I finished the Moon version, and I have to say, it was far better than what I expected for a new gen.
The story was pretty damn good for a Pokemon game, I must say, it had its funny and sad moments, I won't go into details to not spoil anything, but it really changed compared to older pokemon games where there wasn't much going on before having to capture the legendary and after capturing it.
I enjoyed not having to waste a potentially good pokemon to have some HMs on it, I'm really happy these are completely gone. This game was also pretty challenging compared to the last ones we've had, I'm happy to see that I actually had to use revives and potions quite often as opposed to X/Y and OR/AS.
On another note, it's needless to say but, the music is really good, I don't have anything to say about it, I loved all of it. Especially the legendary theme. ...Too bad I never got to hear it ingame for more than 20 seconds because of how easy legendaries are to catch.

Now on stuff I didn't like, it's kinda the same as Red said, the cutscenes weren't my problem, it's honestly the way the game heals you without really telling you when that's gonna happen, so you waste some potions sometimes before relevant encounters, but I think that's it honestly, there's also what I said above; legendaries are, AGAIN, a joke to catch. Lunala and Solgaleo have the same dumb 45 catch rate like Reshiram, Zekrom, Xerneas and Yveltal, which sucks because Groudon and Kyogre in OR/AS at least had the normal 3 catch rate back. There are some post game legendaries to catch, but the game gives you some master balls that only work on these special "ultra-beast legendaries". ...No literally, you can throw it at the start of the fight and most likely it'll work. You can still catch them with a pretty low catch rate on normal balls, but still.

Another thing I really, REALLY DON'T LIKE is the fact that EVERY LEGENDARY IN THIS GAME IS SHINY LOCKED. Yeah, don't even bother with them. Like, this is a reocurring problem with pokemon games since Black & White that doesn't seem to even have a logical pattern in the way that some pokemon are shiny locked BECAUSE, and others are not, but this one leaves you no fucking liberty with legendaries that you can't even see on the overworld. This really pisses me off because we've got some pretty sweet looking legendary shinies (Lunala is potentially my favourite, sadly for me), but we'll probably just get worthless events in a cherish ball... so that's fine........

Now, talking about shinies, I did actually run into a nice little shiny fabulous alolan mole thing while searching for one of these post-game "legendaries"

343206taupiqueur2.png

yeah its nature is fucking awful but hey ill take it

43579580ow.png

Doudou, rentre dans le sac!

I hope to post back here soon once I begin the postgame.

Yep. The game's great. Also actually kinda likeably-challenging sometimes, namely some Totem Pokémon battles. Now I'm here trying my best to fill the Dex and level up some guys.

First entry to the Hall of Fame: Primarina (Hymerma), Magnezone (Horseshoes), Persian (Keegan), Crabominable (Cocoknockout), Drifblim (Heliumbra), and Salazzle (Slyspice)

(go back to Gen 6 for a minute and get Meloetta if you want, it's December now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back