[v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul

[Open Assets] [v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul 1.3.4

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Being honest, there are some things I really like about this mod, and some things I'm not fond of.

Things I like:
  • The ground and slope physics reworks! Spinning now increases the effect of downward slopes, rather than making there be an effect in the first place.
  • Horizontal springs play so much better in this mod, thanks to those physics reworks.
  • Sonic's thok scaling with momentum is a godsend. Also means its effect is increased with speed shoes, and has a very satisfying star animation when thokking at top speed.
  • Fang's tail bounce no longer resetting your momentum is great, it's always bothered me and felt wrong.
  • The redesign of Metal Sonic's boost mode is awesome.
  • AIRWALKING IS GONE!!! (insert Crab Rave emotes here)
  • Everything is still confined to the jump and spin buttons—I'm not a big fan of when mods make extensive use of custom buttons.

Things I have neutral/mixed feelings about:
  • The character recolorings. The new shading style is pretty cool, but I really have no idea why those were thrown into a moveset-based mod.
  • Spring tricks. Fun, but a little bloated and difficult to tell when you're about to land on your head, and creates conflict with using the whirlwind shield after springs and trying to spin after springs.
  • I'm not sure what to think about the Tails flight rework, as someone who doesn't play as Tails quite as often as other characters. It's not a whole lot more fun than it is in the regular game, but definitely not less fun. Neutral opinion here.
  • The Amycopter. It's a fun concept, but it really feels kind of like "fixing" the common complaint that her moveset is basically nothing, which couldn't be further from the truth. I personally greatly enjoy Amy's minimalist controls and the high skill ceiling they bring, but I won't deny the Amycopter brings a lot of movement options.
  • Fang's pop gun rework. Feels somewhat overpowered, and gets rid of what I view as a fair trade off—to most easily deal with enemies as Fang, you'll have to stand still and aim the gun appropriately.
  • I haven't played around much with the super/hyper form reworks, so I can't give an opinion on those.

Things I don't like:
  • Curling into a ball after springs, especially as Amy or Fang. It's a common pattern in character or moveset rework mods that I don't understand at all.
  • Removal of the ability to simply land from a spring spinning, as a character that can spin.
  • I don't like that the thok functions differently whether you press or hold jump. Nothing against the ability's rework itself, it just throws me off when briefly pressing a button does one thing, while holding it does another. Makes it difficult to do what you intend to do—I've always greatly admired the classic Sonic games and SRB2's extremely simple controls, where it's always clear what a button does.
  • Tails appears to have infinite swimming now? Bothers me that his controls above water and underwater are so different in this mod.
  • The near removal of Knuckles' crouch feels completely unnecessary. The momentum cut and crouch after gliding are helpful for landing where you want to, and make him feel heavier than Sonic or Tails. I don't get why character/momentum rework mods tend to remove that.
  • Amy's hammer jump feels very shoved in just for the sake of having it in the mod. I think the reason people want the hammer jump in SRB2 is because SA1 is people's primary exposure to controlling Amy in 3D, and the hammer jump is pretty much the only move of hers in that game that doesn't play like garbage.
  • With their expanded movesets, Amy and Fang with shields are incredibly awkward and have useful moves activated by pressing jump+spin (the simple twin spin, pop gun in mid-air) either overwritten or awkwardly combined with shield abilities.
  • Metal Sonic's new spin dash sprite is weird and doesn't really look like he's spin dashing. Maybe make that sprite roll or something?

Things I wouldn't mind seeing added to this mod:
  • Adjustments/reworks of shield abilities to make them more momentum-oriented, like the gameplay in this mod is. Especially would be interested to see your take on the elemental and force shields, which both awkwardly destroy your momentum.
  • Changes to Metal Sonic's gameplay. His moveset is perhaps the most divisive of any character's, so I'm surprised you left him mostly unchanged in this mod.

Don't be misled by the fact that the list of things I don't like is much longer than the list of things I like—those are meant to be constructive criticisms based on my personal taste. All in all, I greatly appreciate the amount of work that went into this mod, and it has a lot of changes that I would love to see in the next major update to SRB2.

This mod simply makes Amy absolutely broken. But in an extremely fun way. And I like it.
Amycopter = Thok with slowfall, powerspringing and spikebreaking.
Amycopter + Hammer jump = Instant high jump without requiring a very large space. (but still some!)
Amycopter + Badnik/Monitor = An insanely high bounce which can be performed with practically no space.
Amy + Water = Amy, but much more OP in verticality.
---

Cool Amy stuff:

• You can cancel an amycopter with a twinspin, which is nice for ending the slowfall and slowing down after bouncing off of a boss.
  • Amycopter bouncing is very satisfying.
  • The Amycopter and the twinspin together can do some very stylish things.

Last edited:
I don't understand why this mod is so popular.

I don't see why you need to bloat the mod with perhaps duplicate and a 2 sprite char doing the third of the mod size because being too highres in a lua mod.
I understand it's a joke but why must it take so much ? You cannot just make it smaller to take less space(even if some don't bother about size) ?

Last edited:
Hello. So i'm new in the comunity and i hope i don't disturb anyone with this question. The mod it's awesome. The momentum modification it's god-like. But im here to ask about an hyper form. How do i activate hyper junio sonic? Because it's in the list of the hyper forms but i haven't understand if it's a work in progress of it's in the game. If it is in the game than, how do i activate it? Thanks for the help for whoever responds.(additional question. Am i forced to boost with hyper modern sonic or some other way exist?)

OMG this replaies were faster than sonic. Thanks for the help but, what botton on the keyboard should i press to activate super/hyper junio? I tried everything but he didn't trasform. Still thanks for the help everyone! I love this community!♡

And how do i know i am in mid jump? Because after i jumped i reletatly pressed spin after a jump but it didn't work. Soooo. Is there another method?(Thanks a lot for the replaie btw♡)

And how do i know i am in mid jump? Because after i jumped i reletatly pressed spin after a jump but it didn't work. Soooo. Is there another method?(Thanks a lot for the replaie btw♡)
Did you get all those chaos emeralds?
dend4.png

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

oh shit actually it seems like I broke junio's ability to go super in v1.2, until the next update just use AllSuper i guess

So i have to install another mod to make the mod work? Actually, this seems pretty legit. Thanks for the understandmant and i hope i don't have disturbed you or make you angry or other negative emotions. Thanks a lot for the help!♡ Can i have the link for the mod that i need for super/hyper junio? Thanks♡

Last edited:
So i have to install another mod to make the mod work? Actually, this seems pretty legit. Thanks for the understandmant and i hope i don't have disturbed you or make you angry or other negative emotions. Thanks a lot for the help!♡ Can i have the link for the mod that i need for super/hyper junio? Thanks♡
You can find it here.

Thanks a lot everyone. I've just tested the mod and hyper junio it's gorgeous. and while testing i've noticed that even neo sonic gets a boost from the hyper form. infact, he gets a perenal boost mode. so yeah, i love this mod. Frostiikin you have done an amazing job. You and all the peoples involved in this project. Love you all

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back