How did you come across SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
man i got lucky and found this game on youtube. and im glad i did im having sooo much fun. i also told a couple of friends about it

i found a video of it when i was...i dunno how old i was but i know i loved it right when i saw it! thats it! END OF QUESTION! and i searched the web like crazy only to find out i wasnt aloud to download it wich i did anyways a few years later...lolz

A friend introduced it to me.
Then I found a hamachi server for it.
Then they linked to the MB.
I got banned within 3 days of making my account because I was a total scrub back then.
Bans were removed, I cheered, MB got a make-over, all is well.

I was playing a pokemon rpg online and i searched for a sonic game online and it gave me a link to srb2 website. THANK YOU GOOGLE!

I found it a long time ago but didnt download cause I was useing a different computer (AKA my dad's computer) then I forgot about it till june 2010.

Last edited:
I was playing lots of mods for Doom and Doom II, as I really liked the game and there were many great modes (Batman Doom specially is amazing even now). Two of those mods where Sonic Doom and Sonic Doom 2, which were made by SSNTails. It needed some work, but it surely was fun back in the day.

Some time later, I bought a magazine which announced Sonic Adventure 2. I didn´t know anything about the game, and I hadn´t got a Dreamcast, so I was literally amazed and I emailed SSNTails, asking if he could add Shadow into the game. Then he told me the project was dead and that he was working with more people in making Sonic Robo Blast 2. I was a little sceptical as first (it couldn´t be better than both Sonic Dooms), but then I played the demo and fell in love.

I´ve been looking after SRB2 since then. It´s still one of the best 3D Sonic games out there, counting both official and fan games. If I had to wait 10 years more to play the complete thing, I wouldn´t mind. It deserves it.

*sigh* Going back loooooooonnnnnnngggggg ways. I came at the Halloween days. Man, I've played for so long, once I forgot Christmas existed.

Well... I was searching on Google Free Sonic Games and I found site caiman.us
I was checking games and I found Sonic Robo Blast 2. It was 13 october 2006.
I played it and It was really Cool. When I get older and better on english I started playing netgames and now I am playing it all days with Friends.

I was on Google seaching Sonic Download Games and I found Srb2 v0.90. I completed the game and was told about www.srb2.org and from there I downloaded v1.09.4a. Then I've played SRB2 ever since.

I found it on this old Fan Website
With a section about the game I thought it sounded fun so I clicked on the link
And found myself correct! ^^

My cousin found it after searching sonic fangames and showed me it. I didn't like it at the beginning, but then I figured this game can be modified for goodies (I joined at 1.9.4, only 3 zones!). Nowdays, I play this game a thousand times more than my cousin does, and whenever I mention it or try to play it with him, he growls evily.

The first time I ever saw SRB2 was quite some time ago, back in 2007 maybe? I think SuperSonicSancuary's video from SRB2JTE. I didn't download it at that time, because I had no idea where it was. About a year later, I was talking to a friend on ROBLOX, he mentioned SRB2, and he told me where to get it (Back then, it was 1.09.4), didn't truely see the community for about a couple of months after joining though.
About a year later, here I am.

Heh, I was REALLY bored one day, and I was playing random sonic games on the internet, and I found the 2.0.5 around a year ago. I played singal player, and I think ONE net game, which was a co op with ..... grrr, Ive only seen him twice, so I dont think Im going to spell this right, but, "Foorman"? Eh. It was a full co op from start to finish with him and about 5 other people. Stoped playing for some reason, and now, a year later, Ive picked it back up again. (Would this be two years later? Since its 2011? lol..)

I found out about SRB2 when my cousins were playing it about 3 years ago. I decided to play it when I got bored on my laptop and spontaineously remembered the game. At first, I was looking up a list of PC versions of sonic games. Then I came across SRB2 as a fan made game. So I started playing, got hooked for a while, then lost the game and decided not to play for a while. Then I got it again, decided not to play ALL the time and now I'm a regular player on SRB2.

I made a post in this thread a while ago but I'm posting again just because I'm bored in school right now.

I was searching through youtube one day (I was 12 at the time)

I found a video made by Callum027 playing through 1.09.4, I managed to find srb2.org and became apart of the srb2 community since. I'm just not active that much here but sometimes I'm in the irc as "wiistevenduda1" just call me steven.

*sigh* Story story.. read below...

When I was a kid my uncle gave me a Sonic Collection disk.
I saw Sonic Robo Blast 2 and when I played it I immediately fell in love with it. =3
Then when I got older (12 or so), I got myself an internet (bad perhaps), then...
I completed the game (yes I forgot about the game, sorry. :( ) after remembering and reinstalled it in my new PC.

Then, I found "www.srb2.org" when I completed my game. I immediately opened it.
And saw the latest version is 2.0.6. I checked mine and it was only v.0.7.0. I was like "what the hell". I asked the STJr about any other way to install v.2.0.6 without download fully but it's no hope. So I waited and waited while the download goes on, and now... I'm here! :D

I found srb2 at acid-play.com. You wouldn't believe it M(T)P! But my first version of srb2 was v0.7.0 too! I went to srb2.org and got version 2.0.4

Last edited:
Meh, I found SRB2 'bout 6 years ago, but overlooked it as I was not yet a Sonic fan. 3 years ago I spontaneously remembered the screenshot, and now I was a sonic fan, so I scoured the internet, searching anything I could find into Google Images. A month or so later I found it; my first version was 1.09.4a (lucky me :-P ). I promptly joined the forum after I started modding, back in the days of WADAuthor because I couldn't figure out DB. Then I found SRB2DB. And I'm happy for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back