Super Mario Galaxy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have to say is that I'm suprised by the graphics and game. Finally, another Mario game. And a much better one. :D

I'm still trying to figure out how Yoshi will run away. It might be hard to do so on planets. Maybe he'll just fly away, or just stay there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrR1boS-DkQ

Absolutely epic. Challenge is in full effect, the gameplay is advanced on the formula of the first game. It keeps itself fresh with new gimmicks like retracting spikes on walls an---

Spikes on walls? Wait... Spikes? Retracting spikes?

Anyone thinking that Sonic Rumor might come to be true?

I could be wrong here, but didn't previous Mario games have retracting spikes, Galaxy 1 included? Obviously I'm not much of a Mario buff so it'd help if someone clarified on that.

Eh, spikes are kind of a platforming standard to begin with anyway, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. I'd wait for a mention of this so-called "Green Hill Galaxy" that the rumour specifically mentioned.

Last edited:
Oh wow. That trailer makes me drool so much. I especially like the usage of the pointer to shoot back the bullet bull that Yoshi ate.

Mario Galaxy Orchestra is back in full effect, I see. :D

Lots of cool stuff being shown off here; this looks better than the predecessor just by the looks of it. Looking forward to this.

Spikes on walls? Wait... Spikes? Retracting spikes?

Anyone thinking that Sonic Rumor might come to be true?

Umm, Paper Mario didn't feature Sonic. I'm guessing you never actually reached Tubba Blubba's Castle? Same deal with Paper Mario: TTYD (Pirate's Grotto).

For crying out loud, let that stupid rumor die already.

Last edited:
Umm, Paper Mario didn't feature Sonic. I'm guessing you never actually reached Tubba Blubba's Castle? Same deal with Paper Mario: TTYD (Pirate's Grotto).

For crying out loud, let that stupid rumor die already.

Die...? The Sonic in X mario game rumor has been going on for years. I doubt it'll stop.

Yoshi was just an easter egg last time, this time it's hatched! *shot*

I'm seeing a lot of potential here. The big stonyfaces (Whomp?) from SM64, big boo, tying platforms to your movements, swallowing and shooting bullets, drilling through floors, more antigravity goodness, endless round gravity, hot air yoshi, spicy yoshi, goomba paratroopas, little big world, etc.

I wonder if we can hope to see Rosalina return along with the Lumas. I can't imagine them making a galaxy sequel and NOT including lumas, but who knows? At least bring back the Toad Brigade. XD

Well, if it proves anything, this trailer proves that Nintendo still has a handle on its plumber.

The trailer was amazing, yes. Loving that music.

I can't imagine them making a galaxy sequel and NOT including lumas

2s1nnex.png

This official pic (from that video Metal Knux posted) more or less confirms their appearance. Idnit a pretty picture?

I myself can't wait for this game. The Pinatas, jungle world, and Fawful-esque robot look spectacular.

Last edited:
I've never been much of a mario fan myself, but I do admit that this game looks pretty fun.

I see a outlined circle under the Star counter...
Would those be Star Coins which may be needed in order to buy more Stars? Like in Sunshine? Also, maybe depending on which Star your going for, it could display how many Star coins are in that part of the Galaxy, however I CAN be wrong...
I really can't wait for this, I have the first one, completed it 100%, and I am looking forward to getting 100% on the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back