• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

What the? There's TWO SP Level Packs in the addons section!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
http://mystic.sepwich.com/srb2wad/wadinfo.php?cat=pack_sp&id=2

No, you are not seeing double, I've actually just released a demo of my new level pack, Acid Missile. Currently only at 9 maps (compared to Mystic Realm's 52 maps), the pack has 3 Zones in it, as well as a final boss map. You'll notice that MAP11 is missing; well that's because I haven't made it yet. Like I said, this is just a demo; I still have to make changes to the levels currently in it, as well as make Waterfall Valley 2. But, even though it isn't complete, at least you have something new to play other than Mystic Realm :P

Like the older versions of Mystic Realm, this pack just adds more levels after CEZ3. WVZ1 is MAP10.

Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions.

KNOWN BUGS:
* Collecting emerald tokens in WVZ1 will cause the game to crash when you exit the special stage because MAP11 doesn't exist.
* The area with the waterfall going into a death pit in WVZ1 can cause consistency failures since I screwed up on making the water current.

I could easily think of some SA2 music that would be more appropriate than the music you have alloted for the levels. But you know I played it, and I really liked it. Though, some scenery would be nice.

Great, it's nice to have more than one SP level pack around.
I'd say the highlights of this wad are the insane boss battles.
Also, the climactic parts on both of the SRZ maps are awesome. :P

Argh! Curse you...I wanted to be the first person to have an SP Level Pack up besides Mystic! ;_; *shot*

General comments: It's about damn time for SOMEONE to do this. I enjoy playing levels I _didn't_ make, dammit X_X

Waterfall Valley 1: I found a token, which is really in an evil location. That probably shouldn't be a pit there, but oh well. I really like the 1-up behind the bars where you have to go to a totally different location to actually get. Also, if you get the token, the game crashes out trying to access MAP11. Might want to stick a little placeholder map in there to keep that from happening.

Waterfall Valley 3: I really love your boss acts. This is just so clever.

Storm Ruins 1: I can't find any tokens, but overall I like the layout. I do think the water outside the temple looks REALLY blue to the point of downright strange. I also found the exit for an alternate path near the end of the stage, so now I'm curious as to how to get IN that pathway. Overall, a great map.

Storm Ruins 2: This map really does rock. I found two tokens, both in great locations. The gimmicks in the stage are great, and the stage has tons of area. I would suggest adding a ring arrow at the last path merge, though. I naturally turn right at a fork, which in that case was the wrong way.

Storm Ruins 3: I don't like this boss act as much as the others, but it's still awesome.

Gloom Metropolis 1: Meh. This map isn't as cool as it used to be, and I don't know why. It's still good, though, with multiple paths and a nicely placed emerald token. I don't know why the level just doesn't appeal to me as much anymore. I will admit to having hit the Eggman monitor X_X

Gloom Metropolis 2: I never really played this one that much, so I was pleasantly surprised when I started to look around for secrets and stuff. I found 2 emerald tokens, and in quite clever locations. I really liked the first token and the way the sewers look.

Gloom Metropolis 3: This level is kinda buggy, but it's okay because it's sheer awesome. I LOVE the concept _and_ execution here. Pure brilliance.

Acid Missile: Disappointment, but mainly because GMZ3 is so sweet. Of course, Mystic Realm Zone is crap too, so I guess it'll slide =P

Why call them "level packs"? I'd call them mods. PS. This took 5 mins. to type. (PSP)

...Riiiiiight

Anyway, These levels are just awsome. However, I'd like to see some more levels that dont have mass amounts of water / slime in them :P.

And I am still slowly putting together a level pack too. I'm done the 1st Zone, and I'd be 2/3 done DFZ if DFZ1's wall textures hadn't gone haywire ;.;.

Darn...I was hoping that I would be at least the third to make a level pack...but now everyone is making one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back