• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

RBSonic - A thread.

He can now break through strong breakable walls with a fully-charged Spindash.

srb20571.gif

Last edited:
understandable also may rings can have and effect on the dash mode like move the more rings you have the fast you can get into "dash mode" but if you have less rings it would be harder

For clarity: Only the Strike Peel, Stomp, and Super Cancel are on Custom Buttons.
The Stomp could be as simple as pressing Jump+Spin at the same time.
This way for example you could start charging a drop dash, but you realize that the platform will move out of the way if you fall normally so you press Jump to cancel it into a stomp.

The Stomp could be as simple as pressing Jump+Spin at the same time.
This way for example you could start charging a drop dash, but you realize that the platform will move out of the way if you fall normally so you press Jump to cancel it into a stomp.

That conflicts with the planned Insta-Shield however, which would be triggered this way (aka, tap Spin after a ju-wait. This could work.

i just seen all those gifs, and oh boy... it looks amazing!
bMheuMQ.png

hope this character gets custom sprites too, since i have hopes for a parkour-styled Sonic

Last edited:
i just seen all those gifs, and oh boy... it looks amazing!
bMheuMQ.png

hope this character gets custom sprites too, since i have hopes for a parkour-styled Sonic

The hopes aren't to have a complete custom spriteset, but there WILL be an extensive amount of new sprites.

Recent changes:
- You can no longer lose Strike State mid-air!
- You can now gain Strike State by breaching the base speed for the Strike Peel (70 fracunits). I'll make it work like Dashmode when Momentum is turned off and XMomentum isn't enabled. Strike State will also gain one or two new abilities down the road.
- You can no longer Drop Dash out of a stomp.
- Very slightly nerfed the Rising Thwick's vertical gain.
Placeholder character select screen:
srb20182.png

What if... I added crouching for something?
CRCHA1.png

here's the deal: if you want to use crouching sprites, I recommend using them as 2D Sonic crouching system.
like, let's make sure you want the spindash too, well, you can press jump while crouched to charge the spindash.
that would be an interesting mechanism (and also a callback to 2D Sonic)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back