Resource icon

[Open Assets] Many Minor Tweaks 5.3.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Can you fix the mod that any time you change the super key to another button, to make it say "PRESS CUSTOM1" or "PRESS JUMP" (for example) instead of "PRESS SPIN" on the Special Stage results screen after getting all the emeralds?

Unfortunately, that's out of the scope of this modification. To me knowledge, that text isn't easily editable; if it can be modified with something like, say, SOC, I'd need to know how to make lua scripts talk to SOC first, and that sounds like an impossibility.

Unless it can be modified via lua, or isn't impossible to get SOC and lua to communicate variables, in which case heck me I guess I'll give it a shot.
Can you fix the mod that any time you change the super key to another button, to make it say "PRESS CUSTOM1" or "PRESS JUMP" (for example) instead of "PRESS SPIN" on the Special Stage results screen after getting all the emeralds?

This was actually a feature I tried to implement previously, but I gave up when I realized that the function used for speeding up music didn't work for the digital music the game uses. I might give it another go some time, even if I can't speed up the music.
Ha, I know you're going to add "disable super sonic music" to the console commands at one point, so I am inb4 it happens.

No, no. It IS enabled by default. If you have all the emeralds, the 'Enable Super Form' is still unchecked in Pandora's Box, even if you're Sonic or Metal. But if you go super, it's checked out of nowhere. Trust me, I've seen it all.

No, no. It IS enabled by default. If you have all the emeralds, the 'Enable Super Form' is still unchecked in Pandora's Box, even if you're Sonic or Metal. But if you go super, it's checked out of nowhere. Trust me, I've seen it all.

I boot up the game with my 100% save file and I still can't transform. I know you said that if you go super, it will be checked out of nowhere. But that's the problem. I can't go super, even with all the emeralds active. I can't transform to check the option in the first place.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Never mind. You were right. I had an edited version...

Last edited:
Huh, you're right. I have no clue why Amy keeps breaking, considering I have checked multiple time for her. I'll pump out the first bugfix patch to address this.
Is Super Amy not supported? I tried transforming as her only to find I couldn't.

You mean you want the music to be sped up when in super? I think super music would just not play. Speed Sneakers should speed up music tho.

Is it possible to edit the character descriptions in the game? I tried it once but it either doesn't show up at all or it appears as a second character (like when I edit a character desc., it only appears as a COPY of the character).

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Is Super Amy not supported? I tried transforming as her only to find I couldn't.

Maybe, you have other mods enabled. I tried it with mine and it works. Or go into the main script and see if allsuper is on.

And now, another update!
For in case you missed it, 1.0a addressed the issue with amy's super form not working, and ofc that bugfix is in this update too.

This update introduces classicshields, which replaces all the SRB2 monitor's found in the level with the S3K equivalent monitors! On top of that, mmtdefaults has been changed to now allow players in multiplayer to revert back to default settings there, and unbanskin all allows admins to unban all skins found in the ban list (hopefully nobody makes a character called "all" any time soon)

To top it all off, toggleafk now has a new function, where by default a timer is enabled for 60 seconds, where after 60 seconds of inactivity, the player is set AFK. Along with that, any players in AFK mode is set to the exit state, so that if everybody else has completed the level, any AFK players won't drag everybody else behind.

Enjoy!

Aight something tells me its ether a coincidence we are making the same stuff or your just copying. I'm not sure, so I can't say my answer yet.

Oh whoops, done. I'm a silly. Just a reminder that mmthelp displays all commands!
add classic shields to list of commands?

Not entirely sure what you're talking about, the only stuff you've released is every character goes super (in which it feels like every lua script has that on this forum lol), and multi-ability, which isn't a part of this script.
Aight something tells me its ether a coincidence we are making the same stuff or your just copying. I'm not sure, so I can't say my answer yet.

Also try fixing the shield abilities. The electric spark from the electric shield did damage in 3&K if i'm correct. Make sure the shields reflect certain projectiles. Flame Dash seems like a thok. Bubble Shield lets you move a bit more in 3&K if i'm correct. And I'd have to make flame shield sprites, as the flame dash looks off. It's also kinda annoying that you cant kill all those enemies in gfz1. *If* there's a flame shield in dsz it has a short life span.
There's no "Shield"... as in the Sonic 1 shield. I want it back.
Suggestion: Add the elemental shields (and shield) instead of replacing IF POSSIBLE .
Also do you think a transparent life icon mod would *fit* in this type of mod?
Also I was told that because of hardcoding reasons, you CANNOT have tails life icon be behind Sonic's when selecting Sonic & Tails / You CANNOT have the bot's life icon show up in the life icon. Which is a shame if so.
Sorry if this is offtopic.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back