I played through this the last 2 days. And I am seriously impressed.

I didn't expect to find this level of creativity, detail, quality and fun in a level pack this huge! Thank you for all the effort and time you must have put into this, it blew my mind.

I put off playing this for ages because I thought the name was kind of dumb, but I finally went through it over the last few days and wow, this is mostly really good! The bosses are the worst. Just the absolute worst, my god. Not one of them is any fun to fight, aside from the two that are just ripped from the regular game and put in a slightly different arena. I haven't finished the final boss legitimately, congrats on making noted terrible boss Brak Eggman even worse somehow.

But on the good side, all the levels are well put-together! I pretty much never got lost, although I didn't bother exploring much, which I can't say for even a lot of the levels in the base game. I'm not very good at judging what I like, but I can tell you that I'm very good at pointing out things I don't like, and I saw hardly anything I didn't like in these levels. Wasn't the biggest fan of the sand slide in Dry Gulch 2 that can run you into a spike wall kind of blind, but that's a tiny thing.

They're in a separate wad now, i just haven't gotten around to posting it yet (been very occupied with working on updates and playing other games recently)

Thanks. I love those Levels, but Take your time. I was just wondering where it went.

I just played through v1.3.2, and I've got to say. I'm very happy to see the changes that were made to the pack! The level design adjustments went a long way to iron out the problems I had with some of the design choices before, and I greatly appreciate the theme changing in a few levels to help differentiate some of the zones from each other. Thanks for putting in the time in to keep updating after release!

for me this level pack is the first thing i never seen in this game and theres only ONE thing i noticed when playing this level pack online...this level pack is very punitive to laggy player.Like i died a lot because of my input lag online and it destroyed the magic,exept that detail this level pack did grown very well and i will keep loving it

Went through to try and perfect everything, but I realised that it's impossible on these levels:

Shrewd Blizzard 1
Amaranthine Outpost 1
Desolate City 2
Desolate City 3

Last edited:
Is it possible someone could make a Emerald Token Guide for The CyberDime Realm (Virtual Simplicity)? I've played this over and over again and I can never find 7 tokens to get to the MP Special Stages to get to the Chaos Emeralds.

I really can't bring myself to enjoy this level pack. It's obvious you have a decent degree of skill using ZB, but these levels are... nothing. It seems your definition of challenge is:
-Rows of spikes, not raised, requiring nothing but jumping
-Simplistic platforming challenges with no pits or spikes at the bottom, resulting in little consequence for failure
-enemies put in wide, open, boring, and flat areas where they pose no threat to a player who knows how to move left and right
I'm 3 zones in, and never have I run into an actual challenge. I died only once, and that's because I tried to rush an underwater section. "Simplicity" Does, indeed, describe this well, and not in a good way.

The level design is extremely terrible. It's not intuitive at all nor does it resemble the structure of a Sonic game. some good foundations are there but meh it's a nightmare to play.

I don't think you guys know what he was aiming for when he made this level pack. Putting a bunch of death pits everywhere isn't hard, it's just stupid. The punishment for failure shouldn't be death, because it doesn't allow the player to learn. It just kills them and destroys their self confidence.

Last edited:
I don't think you guys know what he was aiming for when he made this level pack. Putting a bunch of death pits everywhere isn't hard, it's just stupid. The punishment for failure shouldn't be death, because it doesn't allow the player to learn. It just kills them and destroys their self confidence.
I mean weren't older game from the time the first two Sonic game came out like that?

I know that SRB2 works differently but learning the level and having quick reflexes can help bypass those problems (and pits)

I mean weren't older game from the time the first two Sonic game came out like that?

I know that SRB2 works differently but learning the level and having quick reflexes can help bypass those problems (and pits)

I'm very good at this game, but i don't like level packs that put death pits everywhere. It's not hard. It just kills the player for making one simple mistake. A lot of people think that placing death pits and spikes everywhere makes a level hard, but it doesn't. There is a reason why Sonic CD and 3K didn't put pits and spikes everywhere, because it's not good level design. For example Sonic Adventure 2 has death pits everywhere, but that doesn't make it hard. Sega went to far with putting death pits everywhere in SA2. That's one reason I like Sonic Unleashed so much, because there aren't many death pits. Not including Werehog stages. Sonic Adventure didn't go to far with the amount of death pits, but Sonic Heroes did. Sonic Generations has very little death pits. I like Sonic Games that can make a level hard with out putting a bunch of death pits everywhere. Hard does not make a stage good. I thinks this level pack has Way past cool level design.

Last edited:
Bumping the thread to say that the mod has once again been updated again! Read the changelog for details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back