• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Metal Anyone v3 (dead project, check v2.5 release)

Thing is, the ability selection pattern is just a random range, I kinda can't make the abilities to have a specific chance to come out. It'd be basically 100% divided by the number of abilities [currently around 20-30].
[offtopic: holy shit this is my 69th post]

Last edited:
Thing is, the ability selection pattern is just a random range, I kinda can't make the abilities to have a specific chance to come out. It'd be basically 100% divided by the number of abilities
The most simple (as well as most dumb and potentially most lag-inducing) solution to this would be to add multiple of each "common" roll and only one of each "rare" roll to make it seem like those are special.

Onto the main topic, I can't think of anything good, but maybe you could add a roll with no abilities (maybe Spindash-only) but with significantly higher stats as a sort of "failed" roll?

That's actually a pretty good idea! I don't think making RandomRange have a bigger range would induce lag anyways, so it could work pretty well. Actually I'm probably gonna add 3 probability categories, so it's more organized.

Better Blue (custom lua colour) - Better Sonic [Air drill and Drop Spin]
I can give you the lua code for both better blue and the Drop Spin.

Yeah, haven't updated it in a while. Gonna update it right now, and also separate by probability because of the new chance system.
Edit: Updated the list with new characters! No, I'm not being ironic.

Last edited:
Cyan - Rafael - Homing Jump Thok
??? - Pedro - Chargejump

These are some ideas if you want to include these in your mod, you don't need tho if you want but yeah you have my permission :v (Note : The reason that Pedro has Chargejump is because of the remake I'm working to release)

i was thinking about Silver Telekinesis thing...
is going to be like the original (pushing away the others) or it would be improved?

Like the original, but with the ability to throw rocks while on the ground so you can at least beat the levels by taking Amy/Fang paths.

Yoshi would take quite a while to implement. If I add him, it'd be probably just the jump ability from Yoshi's Island.

Yoshi would take quite a while to implement. If I add him, it'd be probably just the jump ability from Yoshi's Island.

GIVE HIM THE LICK.

No. It'd probably be very lag inducing, as well as hard to code. Yes, I could ask SMS Alfredo for the code from his Yoshi mod, but I don't want this to have too much borrowed code, and it wouldn't really be worth it. I also want to keep the sets simple so I'm not going to add too much stuff to the sets.

Some ideas of my own (if they're possible and allowed)
Dark Purple - Spyro - Fire Breath
Light Blue (I think?) - Whirl - Propeller Fly/Drill
Cerulean - Inazuma - Bolt Stream

Last edited:
i got one that make me think it would fit:
light green (or custom) - Vector: bubble flutter or multidirectional dash thok
first idea (taken from Sonic Heroes): make the character make a pink shield (like bubblegum) to fly (or float) for a while.
second idea (from Chaotix): allows Metal to make a weaker multidirectional Thok

Thought up another 2 additions if the original creators allow it.

??? - Metal Knux - Charge Glide/Climb Dash
??? - Tails Doll - Floaty Jump/Slow Fall/Polygon Barrier

Based on their new appearance in the R characters pack.

quick question btw, would the abilities of certain characters like Metal Sonic and AltSonic also grant dash mode? Or is it an all or nothing situation?

idk, i just got this idea for fun:
Sonic CD: Color - TBA - gives you the ability to do a super peel out (plus the spindash sprite is CD styled)
Sonic 3: Color - TBA - gives you Insta-shield

I have an idea!
[dark red, whatever it's called] - Mario - Double Jump & Hammer*
Forest - Luigi - Jump Boost & Hammer*

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back