Resource icon

[Open Assets] Anglestand 1.5.1 - AngleAbility

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Version 1.5 is out.

It fixes the issues with Tails' tail angles, as well as the issue where they wouldn't snap back to him immediately in certain circumstances.

I reduced the time it takes to begin the idle animation. Turns out I was originally off by two seconds. Sorry about that.

I added compatibility between the angleidle feature and SMS Reborn, Silver, and Dirk.

I brought back strafe mode support now that the issues with Tails' tails have been resolved. There is also now a console command for toggling whether or not strafe mode players are affected by this script.

I also extended Anglestand to apply to nojumpspin characters' jump descents and the vanilla air abilities that can be used in place.

Lastly, I added a compatibility option for when you're playing with the FallingAnimations script, but it needs to be manually activated via the console.

All console settings can be saved to a file and can autoload when you spawn in for the first time in singleplayer.

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

A funny thing happened while I was implementing the HMS compatability. When I got him to quit using SMS's wait frames, but before I finished resolving the compatibility issues between these two mods, I began a playtest session as SMS and transformed into HMS. When I stood in place for three seconds, HMS's sprite switched to his HMSOA0 frame. It looked like the poor dude sat down in a fetal position and just broke down crying! I have absolutely no idea why he switched off of his stand animation when he did, nor why he would choose that sprite of all things. My guess is he really hates to stand still!

Don't worry though. He worked out his issues and he's doing fine now.

Last edited:
Found a new bug, if you're on a rollout rock and you manage to stay totally still on it, you'll enter the idle animation, but when you start moving, you won't exit the idle animation.

Found a new bug, if you're on a rollout rock and you manage to stay totally still on it, you'll enter the idle animation, but when you start moving, you won't exit the idle animation.

Thank you for the bug report. I've updated the known issues section of this page and will resolve the bug when I get the chance.

Updated to 1.5.1.

I've resolved the issues with the rollout rocks. I also made a minor tweak to the console messages that print when the settings file is loaded.

It's a script someone wrote that forces characters into their spring animation or falling animation when they leave the ground without jumping, rolling, getting hit, or anything else like that, depending on whether the characters were moving up or down relative to the up direction for their sprites. I can't remember who wrote it though, and whoever wrote it later said that it was bad and seems to have taken it down. I still usually play with it though. I haven't encountered any significant problems with the script (characters do detach from the ground when cresting slopes with enough speed, but I don't mind), and I don't see anything problematic from looking at the code itself.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back