Lockon markers show up in split-screen for the other player

There are some cases where a lockon arrow/marker is shown above something, to mark it as a target. This is used to show what the target would be for the Attraction Shield/custom character homing attack, for example.

This marker is client-side, judging by the source code spawning the arrow object only for players on the local machine... but it's an object, and objects are always rendered when they exist, which causes player 1 to see player 2's arrow marker, and vice-versa, when in split-screen multi-player modes on the same machine.

I've attached an image of player 1 rightfully having a lockon marker above an enemy thanks to the Attraction Shield, but player 2 wrongfully also seeing that marker since it's an in-level object, not a HUD thing.

Attachments

• Derp.png
    Derp.png
    267.1 KB · Views: 176
I'm pretty sure this happens in netgames as well, since the markers are in-map objects rather than player-specific (I'm not even sure if it's possible to have an object only show up for one player).

I'm pretty sure this happens in netgames as well, since the markers are in-map objects rather than player-specific (I'm not even sure if it's possible to have an object only show up for one player).
You would think that, yes, but "surprisingly", it doesn't. Edit: I'm unsure about if it's there for player B if player B joins while the host actively has a marker already on something, though.

Attachments

• Derp.png
    Derp.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back