Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

TDRR

my old posts are very dumb (formerly rayfan)
EDIT 5/9/2020: Gaz's model was missing from the download, added a separate link.

Gaz unwillingly joins the race!

attachment.php

As shown by the screenshot, she is slightly slower than Sonic but has higher acceleration, which makes up for a slightly more forgiving style of play. Stats were chosen as a reference to her high hand-eye coordination and ability to almost immediately learn how to drive even the most alien of vehicles. (And because she's really lightweight, in fact her dad can easily lift her with one hand)

Her voice when speaking is from the original English dub of Enter the Florpus (Voiced by Melissa Fahn), while various grunts and yells are taken from the Spanish dub of the original 2001 show (Voiced by Ana Lobo). While this may sound a bit weird to you, they actually mix pretty well and both sound very similar, but due to age differences (17+ years) Melissa has to do a slightly higher-pitched voice, but it's not really noticeable when playing.

TO DO LIST FOR V4:
-Better voice lines (Need to download some episodes first)

CHANGELOG:
v4
-Added second-color support, on a separate .pk3. This separate pk3 is standalone! Lua script for this written by Lach.
-Accidentally removed the model in v3, it's back up now.

v3
-Added basic anti-alias to the outlines.
-Improved colors of her shirt and slightly improved some angles.
-Changed the amplification of some of her voice lines.

v2
-Added MD3 model!
-Got .pk3'd.

-Could i use this model in my project?
Just rip it lol the amount of effort that it took from me is really low and I kinda abhor it now because it's just a ripped model I was taking credit for even though I barely did any worthy changes at all.

Credits:
-Huge thanks to SSNTails for telling me what was wrong with the model, i would have never figured it out myself!
-Incinerator Studios for the original model, and CRASHARKI for ripping the model.
-Thanks to Tiniest Turtles and Kibito for advice with the sprites, they were of great help.
-And the obvious, like iD software for Doom, Boris Pereira and Fabrice Denis for Doom Legacy, Sonic Team Jr. for SRB2, Kart Krew for SRB2Kart, SEGA for Sonic, Jhonen Vasquez for Invader Zim, Incinerator Studios for Globs of Doom etc. etc.

(NOTE: this will only work if you extracted all of the contents of the .zip file to your SRB2Kart folder/directory)
To add the model to your game, open mdls.dat with a text editor and add this line to the end of the file:
GAZ KDLC/KGAZ.md3 3.0 0.0

And, a screenshot of the 3D model! (Very slightly outdated, but it works)
attachment.php

NOTE: This download includes 2 .pk3 files, one for just the normal character, and the other one with second color support. KCL_Gaz-v4-SC.pk3 is the one with the second color support, and this one won't work in record attack, use KC_Gaz-v4.pk3 for that instead.

Attachments

• screenchotgun.png
    screenchotgun.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 7,075
  • kart0024.png
    kart0024.png
    175.8 KB · Views: 5,682
  • KC_Gaz-v4.zip
    549 KB · Views: 415
  • Gaz_Model.zip
    243.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! Though, since you plan to update her anyway, dont forget to make her a PK3 to save on filespace.

Welcome to releases! Though, since you plan to update her anyway, dont forget to make her a PK3 to save on filespace.

Neat, my first release! I definitely will convert this to a .pk3 once i manage to get 1.1.

For anyone interested, i'm planning to do Dib next, and maybe Tak if i finish her model in time. But i'm not sure if i should do her human disguise or her real appearance. Zim is someone i definitely won't do because Kibito already did an extremely high-quality Zim, and the only model i got is very unpolished (And i can edit him to look better but it still wouldn't be remotely close to the other Zim in quality).

Last edited:
V2 is here. Adding a MD3 model for use in OpenGL mode, and the .wad file converted to .pk3, saving space and making everything in it more organized.

Do note, that the model is indeed allowed for reuse, but i advice against it. You can read specifics on the first post. If you end up using it, remember to credit Incinerator Studios, CRASHARKI, and me.

EDIT: Just noticed a small texture bug in her sleeves that makes them appear skin-colored. Not much point in releasing another update to fix that very minor issue so it's noted for V3.

Last edited:
V3 is here. A rather small update but perhaps a quite appreciated one. Now her voicelines should sound just a lil' bit louder, and her sprites have been touched up, the most visible one is that the sprite's shirt now matches the color of the model's shirt, as well as some basic anti-aliasing for the outlines.

Updated once more. This time the only new feature is secondcolor support, the teal shirt always was getting a bit dull, so there's now a standalone separate pk3 for secondcolor support.

-Accidentally removed the model in v3, it's back up now.
Oops, still not in the zip! Maybe upload it separately...? And oh, she looks great! Meshes amazingly with Kart's style while still looking like she did in the show... a fan of hers I know will wanna play this! Keep up the good work~

Oops, still not in the zip! Maybe upload it separately...? And oh, she looks great! Meshes amazingly with Kart's style while still looking like she did in the show... a fan of hers I know will wanna play this! Keep up the good work~
Wow that was very dumb, I added it now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks! Honestly I think she's a bit of a mess visually (Not sure when I'll go back and update the sprites, however) but glad you liked it nonetheless.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back