Contest Discussion

srb20270.gif

edit: whoops

Last edited:
Music

I know the rules say that your custom music file size can't exceed 3 MB, but the song I want to use is 3.1 MB. Can I still use it as it is only 0.1 MB over the limit, or do I need to find another song?

I bet with some proper compression, you can shave it below that. If you can't do that... well, we have that limit for a reason. You gotta keep within the rule, no extra inches given.

Compression?

I bet with some proper compression, you can shave it below that. If you can't do that... well, we have that limit for a reason. You gotta keep within the rule, no extra inches given.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info, I just checked the file to see the exact size and it was 3.07 MB, so I guess I could compress it, however, do you know how? I'll look into that and try myself, but if you know how, please let me know :)

I bet with some proper compression, you can shave it below that. If you can't do that... well, we have that limit for a reason. You gotta keep within the rule, no extra inches given.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info, I just checked the file to see the exact size and it was 3.07 MB, so I guess I could compress it, however, do you know how? I'll look into that and try myself, but if you know how, please let me know :)

I’m using this application called Audacity that lets you create and edit music, so I’m gonna use that to shrink the file size, as well as loop the song.

Both .WAD and .PK3 are acceptable. I see no reason as to why they wouldn't lol.

Cool. One more thing though: I’m using zonebuilder to make the level, and there was a level breaking bug while I was making it. Thankfully, ZoneBuilder makes a backup of the wad every time you save it. So, the file that I’m using is actually a backup. Instead of just having the file name “.wad”, the file name is “.wad.backup2”. I put it in Slade to see if it opens just like a normal wad and it did, so I’m assuming I’ll be able to submit that as my entry. If someone knows that I can’t, please let me know.

You can simply remove the "backup2" part from the name. Though even if you don't, it should be fine.

Thanks for the info, I will have to rename it anyways though because of the submission guidelines (I need to change it to the correct format for mod names).

Another thing: How do I post images (screenshots of my level) and the download link for my wad? I clicked the “insert image“ icon, but it asks for the URL of my images, but they’re on my computer. I also don’t see a way to upload my level.

You should get a "Manage Attachments" button when you first make a thread. That's where everything is uploaded.

P R E S S G A R D E N

All jokes aside, It REALLY sucks that there is no version of Zone Builder for Linux. (And Mac but I don't how how that is going)

Last edited by a moderator:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back