SRB2 Unleashed (Final version download)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STHE123O

Little Monster
Hi all! Im SonicOmega/STHE123O/E123OmegaShow

I only wanted to release my SRB2U mod here. The mod has some bugs, but it s finished, what means I m not editing it. It s for the old SRB2 version.

Here is the last trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBYrrjlv8TI

Description from the video:

Second and last trailer of my SRB2U mod. This mod has 22 maps. It have 6 continents, wich are Apotos, Spagonia, Chun-Nan, Holoska, Adabat and Eggmanland. There is no Mazuri, no Empire City and no Shamar. It have no unlockables and NO Werehog, so, dont ask about that. In the download link, there is a ZIP file that contains 1 WAD and a list of all the levels. I m sorry if you cant download it from Megaupload, I would like to upload it on other site, but it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to upload. Chip sprites by vectorfan1/ViluVector. The mod is finished, but I know it have LOT of bugs. Levels are not a port of the original ones.

SUPER IMPORTANT NOTE: The mod is ONLY for SRB2 1.09.4 (OLD VERSION). It did not work on new SRB2 versions. It needs SRB2CB (the old version, I think) to run perfect (If you did not use SRB2CB.exe, you will not be able to run on water, do homming attack or do the boost).

Song used: the 1960's the turbulent years by John Williams.

Differences from the other video:
- New Title Screen
- Town levels are bigger now
- Some emeralds in towns change their locations
- Fixed some red walls
- Added Chip as the "double jump shield". Press the jump button and action button in the air to do the double jump
- Gaia Temples added
- Final Battle has been edited (NO Dark Gaia)
- Stage select picture has been added
- New enemies sprites

NOTES:
- 5 emeralds are in towns, 1 emerald is in an action level and 1 emerald is in a boss battle.
- The ZIP did not include old SRB2 version or SRB2CB, I m sorry if you did not have them.
- If you want to have fun, I recomend to play all the mod as Sonic, because levels were made for Sonic, not for Tails and Knuckles.

Now, the download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFEQ0HRZ
Dont ask me something without reading the description first.
Have fun!

Last edited:
Well, this pack clearly shows you have made NO improvements since your Sonic Adventure 2 Battle port. Enemies are still just sprite swaps, levels are still laggy and don't capture the spirit of the original, the music files are still MP3s with no real looping which makes the filesize MUCH bigger than it should be, there are still insanely questionable quirks in the level design (Invisowalls, perfectly normal looking buildings being death pits), and there is no real reason to chose this over the original. Once again, it's another ignorable wad.

Well, this pack clearly shows you have made NO improvements since your Sonic Adventure 2 Battle port.
Wasn't this made before the SA2B port?

Regardless of that, and also regardless of this being very low-quality, I still don't get the purpose of such "ports". Why port a commercial game to a vastly inferior (which means limited) engine just for the sake of doing so?

My guess would be due to 1.09.4's CB exe mod having some stuff in it that SRB2 2.0 doesn't have that This mod needs.

Well, this pack clearly shows you have made NO improvements since your Sonic Adventure 2 Battle port. Enemies are still just sprite swaps, levels are still laggy and don't capture the spirit of the original, the music files are still MP3s with no real looping which makes the filesize MUCH bigger than it should be, there are still insanely questionable quirks in the level design (Invisowalls, perfectly normal looking buildings being death pits), and there is no real reason to chose this over the original. Once again, it's another ignorable wad.
I actually agree with D00D64 on this one. The graphics and enemies were so dull and boring. There are so many death pits that doesn't need to be there! I die so easily when I just touch a building or go in water. The levels also look like they can be easily walked through. Also, why can't you just put SRB2CB in the zip file also?

At least this isn't a straight port like your SA2B mod...

Each level didn't contain any gimmiks and challenge at all, But did have nice scenery, visuals, few aesthetics, and creativity like the windmills, buildings in the background, and a chip moniter thing. I'll give you that. All this mod was were FOFs and sectors. What are ivisible walls doing in there? I noticed that each day and night level are reversed knowing that you was lazy on your mapping. Collecting an emerald in each town were totally pointless, when knowing there's only 6 towns and at the end you collect them all. Btw speaking the end, the sensibiilty was eh. "final boss, collect the emeralds eggman left here for some reason and find 50 rings in corners, and then knowing that eggman is flying above safe land and then kill him without even having to get the emerlads." Your sprites were too flat. Like those monster and robot enemies. There movement was eee. Though the people sprites looked okay they need to be a little more round.

I really don't know what else to say about this mod. Overall this was boring, a little pretty, but meh.

Do you at least want me to compress the music for you, because you obviously won't do it yourself.

Urgh. Chisuun's looked much better than this. Speaking of which, is he still working on that at all?

Urgh. Chisuun's looked much better than this. Speaking of which, is he still working on that at all?

He might be under hiatus for all we know. Considering the amount of work needed on that mod, I wouldn't blame him. Though hopefully I would like to see some sort of update on it, it would be a waste of hard work.

If you know how to code, then you can also code this for a srb2unleashed.exe. It's extremely easy, anyway.

Force runonwater on, easy.

Well no, Run on Water in SRB2CB is actually activated when you run on a water block with an upper unpegged tag, so that could be a bit harder then just forcing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back