Post your pics/art here!

Speaking of inferior artists...

voq32u.jpg

I did this for a high school publication about three years back. The theme was "Deadly Sins" and this was Gluttony. Originally, I was going to add two starving Ethiopians who would be devastated that all this food was consumed before their very eyes. The small tinge of humanity and good taste in me decided against that.

264qmhh.jpg

A rough and horrendous sketch for an art studio project a few years back. My town's gigantic corn syrup-making plant was the inspiration for this one.

eug56w.jpg

Two summers ago, I basically did absolutely nothing but work full-time and doodle whenever I wasn't working. This sketch is one of those, and given my mediocre artistic ability, I rather like it, despite the wonky perspective.

2ntfpjl.jpg

Sketches of some concept art for Sonic Unleashed, and Kiki in a somewhat original pose.

2n0tqpc.jpg

Stuff I did this morning. I haven't been able to draw much lately, and I just feel like my drawings have gotten worse as a result. Of course, I'm never, ever going to make any sort of living off of this, but it's still I hobby I really, really like. So yeah.

I think that quote is attributed to Chuck Jones, or at least some other animator from the same general time.

30cx1zo.jpg

More stuff from this morning. I remember this one time I went to summer camp, and we were all supposed to draw something. This absolutely talented girl whipped up a history of herself as an artist. At one point in her life, she nearly gave up drawing, saying that "I nearly died" (I got it wrong in my drawing). She drew herself at that point with a slumped-over and defeated body. It's one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

And then there's more stuff. Hope you don't mind if I get a little angsty and political and stuff.

1ysjdv.jpg

I think Matt Groening did this in his "Life in Hell" comic. By the way, if you work at Goodwill, I mean no particular offense. I happen to love that place.

2qs3zbb.jpg

More annoying, rotten, and otherwise unlikable children prattle on about their delusions.

1zz12d4.jpg

Something more colorful and grounded to finish off this post.

Last edited:
What I hope Sonic & Tails would look like in 10 years. I know it'll never happen but it's nice to try and draw it.
sonic_and_tails_in_the_future_by_spiritdragon1995-d32izpy.png

This is my second try at backgrounds. I know I suck. I'm looking for tips.
a_second_try_at_backgrounds_by_spiritdragon1995-d32izw7.png

Phwew, so it's not just me, I noticed that it was a bit off, too.
EDIT: Of course, by the time I was done with the picture, I was a tad too lazy to actually fix it up, and ended up hoping nobody would notice, Hahaha.
Happens to me all the time. Sometimes I get so frustrated with a piece that I start to dislike it even more, and eventually scrap it and never see it again, no matter how good the symbolism, the meaning or the details. Shading is not my strength.

In total honesty, I've always seen you as a better artist than myself. I mean, anyone can draw anime or something similar on a whim, but it takes quite a large amount of skill and effort to pull off a lot of the artworks you've managed to produce.
I feel humbled, really, but I'd like to digress. I know I'm better than some, but when you start seeing the big picture (as in, deviantart) you realize how truly small one is. You see these thousands of people making stuff that looks too real or too good to be true, and think "man, mine isn't even half of that!". I like to think that puts me in my place. Anyways, drawing "Anime" is pathetically easy. Drawing in japanese style, and doing it good, is something that requires actual skill. Those people who draw anime on DA to express their love for SasukexNaruto? They learned from a "how to draw anime book", and most probably threw it away when they couldn't figure out how to draw Katara getting kissed by Zuko, and started tracing.
If by my artworks you mean my TOTALLY TRADEMARKED (DO NOT STEAL) wacky faces (used prominently in my drawings) you'll realize they are simple exaggerations (Make eyes big for loony, pull cheeks down for sad, etc, only taken to their logical (illogical?) extremes). I also like John Kricfalusi's style.
But yeah, to get to my point: You can draw in proportion, you can draw shadows, etc. I don't even try because I know I'll fail big time.
Also, that phoenix wright animation is epic. :D
Thanks a bunch!

Sometimes I get so frustrated with a piece that I start to dislike it even more, and eventually scrap it and never see it again, no matter how good the symbolism, the meaning or the details.
Yeah, I know that feeling all too well. In most cases, it really comes down to the willpower to try time and time again to get something right.

When you start seeing the big picture (as in, deviantart) you realize how truly small one is. You see these thousands of people making stuff that looks too real or too good to be true, and think "man, mine isn't even half of that!". I like to think that puts me in my place.
That's an understandable way to look at it, indeed. I like to take the incredible optimistic viewpoint, though, and think: "That's amazing, I'm going to aim to draw with a standard like that!" Which can really help if you're feeling a bit down about your work. Haha, inspiration can be a pretty amazing thing when you need it. :)

If by my artworks you mean my TOTALLY TRADEMARKED (DO NOT STEAL) wacky faces (used prominently in my drawings) you'll realize they are simple exaggerations (Make eyes big for loony, pull cheeks down for sad, etc, only taken to their logical (illogical?) extremes).
Which I quite like, to be honest. Your style of art could become extremely influential if you aimed for something along those lines. Mind you, awesome, looney cartoon-ish styled pictures like yours can be pretty hard to come by these days. :D

I also like John Kricfalusi's style.
Never heard of him, I'll keep a lookout for his work, though.

But yeah, to get to my point: You can draw in proportion, you can draw shadows, etc. I don't even try because I know I'll fail big time.
S'pose you'll never know until you do try, though. For all you know, it could turn out to be the most mind-blisteringly awesome artwork we've ever seen, which I can tell is something you're certainly capable of.

Thanks a bunch!
No problem. Do you plan on making any other animations in the future?

EDIT: Ah, by the way, the link in your signature seems to give a 404 error for some reason.

Last edited:
Heh, when you said anyone can draw anime, you were positively correct. Everyone I know that can draw draws anime. Unforunately it's usually either because they used (as Arf said) how to draw books that they throw out afterwards, fanart, or your average generic OC with generic Japanese sounding names which really are NOT japanese. I wish my style wasn't so generic.

For me, drawing in anime style came extremely slowly and was very difficult. One day (half a year ago), my cousin told me to doodle something, and I decided to draw in non-anime style. It was at that point that I realized that drawing in 'cartoony' style comes very naturally to me. I had no idea about this until then...I had always been trying to draw anime-style art. I wonder if that means anything...

Yeah, I should prolly take that blog link off my sig, considering vactual.org died and there's positively no chance of me getting hosting space in there (No matter how many times I begged ;_;).
BTW, I have tried, MANY times to draw in proportion, studies human figure, etc. I just can't do it right, s'all. At least I can say I tried, or something.
And what I mean by the "draw animameeaeaememem" books, is ore or less along these lines:
they see an anime shaped head (or let's say, any head), and copy it verbatim. So now, they know how to draw a 3/4, looking-ahead-view, with a nose in a certain position and a mouth in another certain position.
The problem is, they don't understand WHY that head has that shape and WHY the mouth is where it is, so the moment they try to draw another position, perspective comes barging into the proverbial drawing party, eats all the cheetohs and pisses in the punch. It fucks shit for everyone. That's why most people decompose complex stuff in geometric shapes and work their way up, so positioning, and most importantly, shape comes naturally instead of having to remember 143245 different frames of head position.
More or less like comparing SRB2 sprites with a 3D Model.
But yeah, that's why I hate those people who draw anime, and I have to admit, it has given me a certain repulsion to japanese style, despite not being much wrong with it. I have several friends who draw like this, and I try to make them draw something a bit more different, but if I insist too much, I end up being the douche who tells you "NO, THAT'S NOT THE PROPER INTERPRETATION OF A CLOCKWORK ORANGE GOD YOU ARE SO DUMB".

BTW thanks for the compliments, and if life gets good (It's slowly falling into place) I might eventually try my hand at being an animator. Or an architect, who knows.

For me, drawing in anime style came extremely slowly and was very difficult. One day (half a year ago), my cousin told me to doodle something, and I decided to draw in non-anime style. It was at that point that I realized that drawing in 'cartoony' style comes very naturally to me. I had no idea about this until then...I had always been trying to draw anime-style art. I wonder if that means anything...
I drew a penguin, it had anime-esque eyes but that was to help make it seem happier.

I wanna try copying the PSG style for a bit to help find that style I truly want.

I don't have a very good renderer for my 3d images...so I tried making a cartoon pic...and it worked!

Speach_bubble_1024.bmp

[size=-2](I don't know what I'll put in the speach bubble...maybe "Happy birthday")
[Note: Not original size][/size]

Last edited:
Not bad, I'm seeing improvement. However I would suggest just working small and getting their body structure proportionate before doing close ups. By then you'll have an idea on how to accurately shape them.

Other than that, before working on bodies, I would actually practice drawing their heads for awhile...

my latest pic
golden_fun_by_tyrzi_index-d325g5a.jpg

my fanmade digimon (own)
sensha_burudasumon_by_tyrzi_index.jpg

My 1 of best OC pics
tence2_by_tyrzi_index-d2y7xuo.jpg

my favorite OC
Ake_summons_his_sword_by_tyrzi_index.jpg

My 2 OCs are fighting (obviously)
Tence_vs_Tech_by_tyrzi_index.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of inferior artists...

*Artworks*

Inferior? Don't doubt yourself. You're one of the few good cartoonists I see around here. And that's not just me talking out of my ass and playing favorites.

I'd rather watch a cartoon from you any day over anything Pendleton Ward will offer me. Adventure Time can go to hell.

I have some work... Though, the following works are a wee bit more mature than usual.

Moderator Notice:
Which is against the rules. I know it's artwork, and you did put it in spoiler tags, but that's no exemption.

And then there's another thing I have to say. I got a Bamboo Tablet. That's right. I can do digital art now. Check out this test I did to test its capabilities.

Anything01.jpg

It feels just like paper. It is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome drawing, but (this is me getting all technical) doesn't it have longer antenae (shuddup) and thinner arms? Just asking. The shading is also a bit starnge for my liking.
Excellent drawing by the way.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back